Me

Please give me your thoughts about my tone and playing and if you can think of anything that I can improve please tell me. By the way Im the short guitar player on the left with the tele.

If this is in the wrong forum please tell me

Thank you
Are you the one on the strat or the tele deluxe?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Yeah, make your presence heard, like, be like "Yo singer move over" more often
Well, first, question of my own; how do you like the guitar? I was thinking of getting one myself as my guitar after a semihollow. Between that and a 70's reissue strat, how would you say it is?

Anyway, it looked like that was all downpicked. I'd recommend getting some alt. picking in, as well as working with more than pentatonics. Correct me if I'm wrong, but for the most part it sounded like that was most fo what you were doing aside from the riff.

Edit; Yeah, as Area said, more presence would also help.

Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jan 13, 2009,
its has a nice thick neck umm the tone is kinda muddy and the neck pickup is not really useable IMO but im going to change out the pots to 500k or 1meg and see if that improves the tone but i would recommend to the guitar its a beauty

yeah ive been trying to inorporate some major scales into my playing because its all pentatonics
Try more positions, it sounded and looked like you just stayed in one pentatonic position.

u guys could use some new clothes and varying haircuts... you guys could be brothers...

..on topic: you could look up from your guitar every once in awhile.
Last edited by OMMad at Jan 15, 2009,
You know the year is 2009 right?? That music sounds like its from the 50's, How could you headbang or mosh to that?
^ Life isn't all about jumping into other people. Grow up.

For a start, you were standing in the dark the whole time. Even the bass player stood out more than you. And try and look like you are having a good time. I like to practice songs as I would perform them, all orgasm faces and w/e.
Quote by Roast Beef

For a start, you were standing in the dark the whole time. Even the bass player stood out more than you. And try and look like you are having a good time. I like to practice songs as I would perform them, all orgasm faces and w/e.

+1. I never understood the point of moshing personally. And agreed on the presence and practicing like it's onstage. Probably why those 20' cables I get always get tangled...also, TS, out of curiosity, is your amp the HRD or the one being mic'd?

Playing's alright.

Tone is pretty bad to be honest, really thin and muddy.

Perhaps EQing your amp more efficiently to compliment the other instrument's EQs would help in making the performance sound a little tighter.

Also, your stage presence could use a bit of work, move around, make funny faces, get the crowd into it, I've found if you get into the music, the crowd will enjoy it so much more because it looks like you're having fun and enjoying the music instead of looking sad or dead bored.
Okay cool Ill definitely try to work on my stage presence and looking up more and I was using the HRD but its not mine i just didnt take my vox that night because it was an open mic night.
Last edited by Killswitch166 at Jan 15, 2009,
The playing was really good. Mostly what everyone said and just work on your presence. Make the crowd feel involved and just look stupid as hell playing.
thats awesome! I would buy tickets to see that!
But yea, as someone said, make your prescence as lead better known.
Quote by Roast Beef

I was trying to help him and tell him what I think. Quit trying to be a hero, "Life isn't all about jumping into other people", that's not at all what I was saying, maybe you should "grow up". I don't need people trying to tell me how to live my life off of the computer. What's gonna happen when everyone that listens to this style of music has passed away in ten years. No fans, no progress, no band. This is just my opinion, but crank up the distortion ten notches, grab your axe, and shred your way to fame.
your singer is definatly awesome, vocal tone.

I like your tone, your solo was fitting but veeeeeeeery standard.
Last edited by Nilpferdkoenig at Jan 15, 2009,
Quote by Killswitch166
How should i get the crowd involved?

Just move about more.

It's not really the same music, but someone like Jason Newsted had awesome presence, best thing to do is actually look like you are having a good time.

And this is more about the song, you might wanna put a "crash chord" at the end of the song so the audience knows it's over, it just kinda trailed off at the end there.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
It doesn't take much to make a crowd feel involved. Just point to someone and smile. It doesn't take an extreme to make them feel involved although it's still fun to do! Interacting with your bandmates works great too. Stand back to back with your bassist, go up to the singer and make stupid faces during a solo. All of these things will accompany your already good music with a show for the crowd.