Page 1 of 2
What is the closest thing to a 6505+? In Australia they're are WAY to expensive like everything else.

Thank you for any help!
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Aren't the Bugeras really unreliable?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
I dont really know the details you just asked what the closest sounding thing and i believe it is bugera as for reliability ive never dealt with one so i cant answer that...
Meh, depends. They sound pretty good. There are some 'horror' stories but I think for the most part, just take care of it and it might last you a year
Buy an extended warranty.
Quote by bucketmark
Aren't the Bugeras really unreliable?

they are how they come straight from the store, but if you check over a couple of things, they'll be as good as any other amp. BeerChurch has a good guide on his profile.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
$969 for combo :\ how are the 6260? I just like modern metal, i should be getting new one in 7-8months.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
A peavey vypyr 120 has a 6505 amp type on it.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by bucketmark
$969 for combo :\ how are the 6260? I just like modern metal, i should be getting new one in 7-8months.

A bugera 6262 half stack should be like 850.
Quote by TSelman
A bugera 6262 half stack should be like 850.

Maybe over in the US, but over here it'd be $1200 atleast.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Are Peavy Vypyr 120's even out over here?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
-.^
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Bugera's CAN be unreliable. They either work perfectly or not at all, usually. Most of the time, they work perfectly.

And a 6262, considering it IS a 6505+, would be your best bet as to a cheaper alternative.
Fender American Strat HSS MAHOGANY!
MXR Carbon Copy
BBE Soul Vibe
Fulltone OCD
Planet Waves Chromatic Tuner
Egnater Tweaker 1x12 Combo
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12 combo
Morley Mark Tremonti Wah
Taylor 114CE
I have found a place that sells the 6262 combo for $100 cheaper then anywhere else so i can get the 6262XL combo in 8 months time
What does the XL mean?

Isn't 120watts pretty overkill for bedroom playing lol... Does it sound good at low volumes?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
haha. What is with these threads? The 5150 is what you would recommend to some cheapass who couldn't afford a SLO. There shouldn't be amps you would recommend to some cheapass who cant afford a 5150/6505.
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
Here I'll let this guy do the talking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsJRhreZmCU&feature=related

He sold his 6505+ then after awhile without an amp he bought a 6262
And he is more satisfied with the 6262 than his old Peavy 6505.

Just check out it's interesting.
And I'm a proud owner of 6260
Def. recommend it
I tried the Bugeras, didnt sound anything like my old 6505's. A bit more saturated and less raw sounding to me. Definitley in the ballpark though.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by bucketmark
Are Peavy Vypyr 120's even out over here?

I've only seen a 75 but I'm sure some places have them.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
The Vypyr (120 and the 60w), the hybrid ones, are not out period.

I've asked around as to when and cannot get a clear answer.

I would say if you get a Bugera you will know within the 30 day return time (or whatever it is) if you have a lemon or not. Yes BeerChurch wrote a great blog.
My Bugera 6262 is awesome. Cleans are awesome (I barely use cuz i am strictly a metal player). Death metal, thrash, rock, anything; this amp can do it. Try it if you can. I never tried it before I got it. I just knew I would love it. And I do. Never tried a 6505/6505+, but I know it sounds like one. Oh, and bout the reliability, I bought a used 6262 head on eBay and the guy claimed it was 5 months old. So it is either 5 months old or older. So it should work because it lasted him 5 months. Get/try the Bugera amps. ALL of em.
I don't know. I just don't try guitar stuff before I buy it. I never get a chance to go to guitar stores. I am just a 14 year old kid so I can't drive. And all of them are far from where I live. Like 30-60 minutes in the car. What I do is I read A LOT of reviews on the item I am interested in. I watch A LOT of videos on YouTube on the item. I basically spend hours doing that. If I am satisfied, I go for it!
I spent like $2000 on guitar stuff-----AND I NEVER TRIED ANY OF IT BEFORE BUYING. I am satisfied with the stuff, too! TRY BUGERA AMPS! 90% chance you'll like at least one of them.
Yeah I pretty much do the same thing as you. Whenever I do go to the GC an hour away, I do try quite a bit of stuff. But the stuff I've bought I mostly went off of reviews and am totally satisfied with my rig as well.
Hey bucketmark, how much are you willing to spend on an amp??
Gear: I haz some

Quote by RCA1186
hah its ok besa, i still love you

^ guess someone has too
If you can wait 2 months, the 6505+ Combo is coming out and is going to be $550.

It's a good thing Bugera is coming out with new amps, or they'd be done for now
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Either the Bugera 6260 (the reliable series of Buger amps), or a Randall RM100 with the Ultra XL module for high gain (or the RM50). Are the Randalls cheaper in AUS?
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
NO!! they are over priced just like every other brand. I can only imagine how much they are gunna charge for the 6505+ combo here.
Gear: I haz some

Quote by RCA1186
hah its ok besa, i still love you

^ guess someone has too
Quote by MatrixClaw
If you can wait 2 months, the 6505+ Combo is coming out and is going to be $550.

It's a good thing Bugera is coming out with new amps, or they'd be done for now

+1.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by bucketmark
I have found a place that sells the 6262 combo for $100 cheaper then anywhere else so i can get the 6262XL combo in 8 months time
What does the XL mean?

Isn't 120watts pretty overkill for bedroom playing lol... Does it sound good at low volumes?

I definitely wouldn't recommend a 120W tube amp for bedroom playing, but whatever suits you. It's probably gonna be loud.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by Jesstaa
they are how they come straight from the store, but if you check over a couple of things, they'll be as good as any other amp. BeerChurch has a good guide on his profile.

BeerChurch! That's his name...

I've tried to tell loads of people on here to just get the Boogera, but I could never remember the fixes blog

But yeah. Hit up the Boogera.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by MustangSVT
I definitely wouldn't recommend a 120W tube amp for bedroom playing, but whatever suits you. It's probably gonna be loud.

I play my 100 watt tube amp through my Vader 2x12 cab in my bedroom =/ Mind you I took it down to 50 watts but that did absolutely nothing regarding the volume output.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
I play my 100 watt tube amp through my Vader 2x12 cab in my bedroom =/ Mind you I took it down to 50 watts but that did absolutely nothing regarding the volume output.

I use technically a 180W amp through a Marshall 4x12 and Framus 4x12 for bedroom use most of the time
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^It's Bugera.

And how can you not remember the username BeerChurch?

jk

personally, I would wait for the 6505 112 combo. I am very pleased that Peavey did this.

I know. I just personally think Boogera looks cooler
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by 1if3 0wn3r
I spent like $2000 on guitar stuff-----AND I NEVER TRIED ANY OF IT BEFORE BUYING. I am satisfied with the stuff, too! TRY BUGERA AMPS! 90% chance you'll like at least one of them.

your lucky...and crazy.

if i had 2 grand to shell out, i would at least know what i am getting besides youtube reviews and clips.

TS, maybe ebay? they have 5150's on there, and they could possibly work out shipping. it still might be alot to ship, but it shouldnt be 1200. i am from the states tho so what do i know

Quote by stratman_13
I know. I just personally think Boogera looks cooler

oh god
Last edited by xXMetal-HeadXx at Jan 19, 2009,
Page 1 of 2