who has it
and is it good?

im using Guitar Pro 5....

and i dont want to torrent Pro tools unless its worth it

are there more features than GP5?
they arent anything alike...

and you cant just torrent protools, you need all the specific interfaces. besides, getting software from torrents is illegal, and we definatly dont condone that on UG.
hahahhahahahaha you cant torrent protools idiot. you need all the stuff it comes with in order for it to even come close to working. its worth the money. buy it. dont be an idiot.
It is ABSOLUTELY nothing like GP5. Comparing the two is like comparing giraffes and manhole covers. What do you want to do? This is the only way we can know what you need.
I went to school for Audio Engineering and got to use a variety of audio editing software while I was there. I really didn't find Pro Tools to be all that great. Don't get me wrong, it works great and sounds great but I just never quite understood why everyone thought it was all it is cracked up to be.

I really enjoy Nuendo, Cubase and particularly Logic Pro 8. You need a Mac for Logic but if you don't have one then Nuendo is definitely worth a shot.
2005 PRS McCarty (20th Anniversary Edition)
Custom 67' Tele w/Bigsby
Gibson Les Paul Double Cut Standard
Larivee Acoustic
Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Apogee Ensemble
Yamaha HS80s
Pro Tools and Guitar pro are two completely different programs. Pro Tools is a Digital Audio workstation and Guitar Pro 5 is a Tablature Editor
I leik music
The programs have two completely different functions. Pro Tools records stuff and Guitar Pro 5 is tabs and sheet music. I don't even think there are torrents for Pro Tools. Like said before though, Pro Tools is well worth the money.
EDIT: Nevermind. Apparently there are. I learned something today. But unless it's the LE or M-Powered software I think you need $10,000 worth of equipment to run it.
Last edited by mmolteratx at Jan 13, 2009,
Quote by col50
Pro Tools and Guitar pro are two completely different programs. Pro Tools is a Digital Audio workstation and Guitar Pro 5 is a Tablature Editor

thanks alot man
Quote by DynastyPntbllr9
do u know if it would work with my PowerCore FireWire Rackmount Interface.....my mom got it for x-mas for me but no software

No, I think Digidesign made them so you have to buy the Pro Tools stuff to use with it since it's made by them. You might want to check out Ableton or something else that's been suggested instead.
Quote by jof1029
besides, getting software from torrents is illegal, and we definatly dont condone that on UG.

Uhh...really? I beg to differ.

Go hold up Guitar Center and reenact the shootout scene in Heat, except with guitars instead of money.

No, but really, ProTools is worth the money... but if you thought you were going to torrent it, you might just not be ready. Still, it's great stuff.
Fender American Strat HSS MAHOGANY!
MXR Carbon Copy
BBE Soul Vibe
Fulltone OCD
Planet Waves Chromatic Tuner
Egnater Tweaker 1x12 Combo
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12 combo
Morley Mark Tremonti Wah
Taylor 114CE
Protools LE is so cheap compared to HD. The only difference is the HD plugins are TDM and the LE are something else, I can't remember exactly. Also the play back in LE isn't as high-def, but who gives a ****?

I have been ****ing around with HD a lot in the past few months, and I am in love with it. While I do prefer outboard gear, the plugins are far superior to any other software and protools is pretty easy to understand. Also cubase sucks.

Anyways, downloading protools is just dumb. It comes free with any digidesign hardware you buy. The only time downloading protools is acceptable is when you download M-powered and you already have m-audio hardware.
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
It is ABSOLUTELY nothing like GP5. Comparing the two is like comparing giraffes and manhole covers.

That is one of the most epic similes I've seen on this site, ever. Well done to you sir.