as some of you know, my car was broken into on sunday night.

i was completely unsatisfied with the conduct of the police in responding to my situation, and so i filed a complaint.

now, i'm going to guess that 99% of you dont know what happens when you file a complaint to the police (at least, i sincerely hope you dont know, because that would mean that you, too, have had to face the ignorance and indifference of the police to your situation).

what happened to me was, i got a call from a guy. for the sake of the thread, we'll call him inspector douchebag.

douchebag called me up and started to ask me about my complaint letter.

i was expecting a short phone call saying "im sorry you were unsatisfied with the conduct of the police. perhaps you would like to say how we could improve in the future."

no...

inspector douchebag begins quoting my letter and telling me why i was wrong about what i was saying.

"you see, unfortunately, the police cannot be expected to respond to a call reporting a pursuit of robbers as quickly as they would to a call of personal safety, and we believe that getting to the scene in 27 minutes is acceptable"

"the police were unable to to speak to the person you said was an accomplice because he did not fit the description we received on the phone"

"the police officer would not have been arrogant. she is one of the best officers we have and is very motivated and i do not believe that she was arrogant"

"since you were unsure about which letters the licence plate started with - YPT or YTP - we saw fit only to run one because we cant just go accusing innocent people, and the one that we ran didnt find the description of the car"

this continued for about 20 minutes.

i should add, by the way, that he called 20 minutes later than he said he would. (i called him. he said he'd call back in 10 minutes, he called back in half an hour)

i hope i never have to deal with the police again. they have, for the second time in my life, made a career in crime seem appealing because of how easy it is to get away with it...

next time, i'm calling the mafia for help.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Fuck tha police
Comin straight from the underground
Young nigga got it bad cuz I'm brown
And not the other color so police think
They have the authority to kill a minority

ice cube. one of the most underrated rappers there are.

EDIT:
to make a productive post, cops really dont care man. they show up for work, they get a paycheck, they go home. and they will ALWAYS cover the ass of their own even if they are in the wrong...almost sounds like a street gang
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Last edited by NoLaurelTree000 at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
Fuck tha police

Quite simply one of the best songs ever written. They're all lyrical genius'.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
Fuck tha police

yeah he should call Ice Cube he'll throw a brick at the culprit
I know how it is. I haven't had my car broken into, but some wannabe gangster issued death threats towards me and the police department didn't give it a second thought. When I got my CD player stolen when I was in high school, they deemed it a petty crime because it's value was around $80 and not worth their time.
mafia is even worse. sure they'll help you find your car, but in return you'll owe them a lot more than a car
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
I grew up in stoke and have had more than my fair share of incompetent police officers. On one occasion a 17 year old youth drunkenly put his fist through the glass pane in our door, got his hand stuck in the glass and we called the police, they removed him from the door, took him to hospital and then released him saying there wasnt enough evidence to charge him with anything. I was beaten by a gang of kids when I was 14 years old, I'm female and as an adult am only 5 foot tall - I was much smaller then. It resulted in me being quite seriously injured but again, they couldnt charge them because they didnt know who had started the fight. A small 14 year old girl or 7 16+ youths.

My next door neighbours set fire to the shed, attacked my father and killed my sisters pet rabbit, nothing was done. We caught them on a home video camera vandalising our house, we filled numerous reports out and eventually had to move to a different town. Nothing was ever done.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
Last edited by damn-right! at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by Camm
I know how it is. I haven't had my car broken into, but some wannabe gangster issued death threats towards me and the police department didn't give it a second thought. When I got my CD player stolen when I was in high school, they deemed it a petty crime because it's value was around $80 and not worth their time.

two weeks ago, we found a metal pipe buried in our front yard (obviously it was being used for some sort of crime), and the police didnt even want to fingerprint it, despite the ungodly amount of break-in's there have been in my area lately.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
They have better things to do like play with each other in the showers then to worry about someones prized possessions being stolen.
The gun in my mouth was real.
And the taste?
Quote by Supertait
Quite simply one of the best songs ever written. They're all lyrical genius'.

Judging by the lyrics quoted, I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Yea it's annoying, but you have to realize that having a car broken into isn't really a major issue and they can only respond to so much, also they have to deal with complaints all the time and a lot of them are very very stupid. I actually have had to file a complaint, but that's because an officer actually did something illegal and I threatened to go to the media with it if internal affairs didn't pick it up.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by instagata0
two weeks ago, we found a metal pipe buried in our front yard (obviously it was being used for some sort of crime), and the police didnt even want to fingerprint it, despite the ungodly amount of break-in's there have been in my area lately.

one of my friends had his car stolen. it was found abandoned on the side of the road with a bunch of beer bottles in the back seat. my friend asked the cop if he checked the bottles for finger prints. the cop said he couldnt because he already smashed them on the side of the road....
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Judging by the lyrics quoted, I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you.

dis nigga dont undastand life in da 'hood
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
Fuck tha police

no
Wow, these stories are absurd. I haven't had any negative encounters with the police in my life, and I've luckily never had to deal with any of the crap you guys are reporting.
Quote by crypticslaughtr
dis nigga dont undastand life in da 'hood

tru dat
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
You got me there.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT