Ok so as you know my RG has the edge 3 trem system, well its been fine up until I started learning bends this week no whenever I bend a string it makes all the other ones flat? what is going on here and how can I fix it?
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Unfortunately, that's how Floyd Rose systems work. When you do a double bend ( like 14/12) the others go flat and you must bend them a wee bit for it to sound right. It's because of the floating bridge.
Quote by area5x1
You mean after you bend, your strings are out of tune?

Exactly my tuner says the strings are flat am I bending too high or whats the issue here?

I am only bending the second string on the 15th to a full bend matching the 12
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
if you have it set up correctly it will stay in tune through most any bends and tremolo dives
I just had a setup done it sits level and everything
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
when u have new strings put on any guitar they need stretching. also make sure then locking nut is secure and the string is secure in the bridge.
Quote by h8full
when u have new strings put on any guitar they need stretching. also make sure then locking nut is secure and the string is secure in the bridge.

The strings arent new I had the setup done last month
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by area5x1
Get a locking tuner

as in locking tuners I thought my locking nut was supposed to be the solver for that issue.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
well those are the only issues i ever come across when that problem arises
I tightened one of them slightly and tuning is only slightly off like the first or second diamond on my korg but it sounds correct to my ear so should I be worried? Will attempt a bend in a second, edit to follow.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
It's how a floating tremolo works. You bend one string it affects all the others. You could get something like an ESP Arming Adjuster or a Tremol-No but only the Tremol-No will make it go away completely, but you have to keep it on either dive only or fixed. You can put it back to full floating if you want though but the problem will return.
I tuned, the red flat light is on but the green one is also on? Im confused
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Wait, so after you bend, the strings go out of tune? Even after you release the bend? Is that what you're saying? If that's true, there are a few things that could be wrong:

1) Your knife edges are worn (very common on Edge 3 bridges) and need to be refiled
2) Your locking nut isn't tight enough (i doubt this is it)
3) Your strings are slipping a bit in the bridge saddles (also doubt this is the cause)
Quote by Pac_man0123
Wait, so after you bend, the strings go out of tune? Even after you release the bend? Is that what you're saying? If that's true, there are a few things that could be wrong:

1) Your knife edges are worn (very common on Edge 3 bridges) and need to be refiled
2) Your locking nut isn't tight enough (i doubt this is it)
3) Your strings are slipping a bit in the bridge saddles (also doubt this is the cause)

Yes thats exactly what im saying, This is how it goes:

1. Grab and bend note to full bend
2. Release bend
3. Check Tuning, It is flat
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Im assuming that the trem has to be removed to file the knife edges?
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Im going to go to the local luthier today and see if he can diagnose the problem and/or fix it for me as I have 0 confidence when it comes to floyd repair lol
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
i would recommend the upgrade to an OFR...but its pricey.
also have you tried doing a bend...then after letting it return..pull the bar up slightly? might edge it back in..i used to do that same on my razorback
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
It returns to good tune after a minute or two so im confused
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112