What is the best way to promote your band locally? I can't think of anything but flyers as well as teh fact that I volunteer at a local tv station doing camera etc but ye What would be the best way to locally promote a band?

just eat 27 chalupas with fire sauce the day before you meet em then when they try something **** your pants

Gear List:
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Squire Sp-10
are there any local gig guides or similar? In Australia we have for instance, Drum Media that you can pick up from a gazillion places.

Facebook, Myspace, word of mouth from your friends to their friends. Etc.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
That's just it.. I have myspace but the problem is how do you promote your myspace like let's be hoenst not that many people are gonan go to some band's myspace they've enver even heard of.

just eat 27 chalupas with fire sauce the day before you meet em then when they try something **** your pants

Gear List:
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Squire Sp-10
Quote by Gibsonfreak69
That's just it.. I have myspace but the problem is how do you promote your myspace like let's be hoenst not that many people are gonan go to some band's myspace they've enver even heard of.

no but if you play some shows and holler out your myspace page to the crowd they will.

let me rephrase my statement... the biggest promotion for your band is to play shows.. THEN myspace
Myspace is a pretty double-edged sword with regarding promotion in my view

You can get a ton of views, a guy I know has 300000. That's not a typo. He doesn't get many gigs off of that. Most of the comments on his page are girls who go "you're so talented" and that's it, they don't follow him or anything.

It depends on what you play imo. If you are a band from quite an esoteric genre, like in my instance that is pretty technical death metal, then myspace is good. Such genres don't tend to be massive in any part of the world, but have small followings in little pockets, so you can get a good word of mouth going there.

If you play more accessible stuff, just badger people for gigs and get yourself out there, it's worked for guys I know
Going around putting up posters promoting your band, or putting promotion flyers in your neighbourhood's mailboxes wouldn't be too bad. Maybe perform at your school somehow?