I'm not sure what to do, I've got a virus that is making my computer pop-up with ad's in a new window everytime I click on a google link, ex. I'll google something and it come's up with all the search result's, I click one and it open's a new window that keeps opening a new window with advertisement's, if you can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
ID LIKE TO SHAG A GOAT WHILST DRESSED AS SPIDERMAN... but they dont let me do that!!!
Already ran a scan, I deleted and put in the vault everything it found.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
ID LIKE TO SHAG A GOAT WHILST DRESSED AS SPIDERMAN... but they dont let me do that!!!
Last edited by xXx_mosh at Jan 14, 2009,
run an adware remover and a spyware remover
I recommend Adaware and spybot S&D they are both free and work very well
I'd avoid adware and spyware removers...keep it down to one program...means less places to hide and a lot of software out there does more harm than good.

Once again...I recommend AVG. Handles everything, totally free, and updates daily.
Quote by TGFMusic
I'd avoid adware and spyware removers...keep it down to one program...means less places to hide and a lot of software out there does more harm than good.

Once again...I recommend AVG. Handles everything, totally free, and updates daily.

That's what I have, but it won't let me update, it keep's saying page not found.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Quote by xXx_mosh
That's what I have, but it won't let me update, it keep's saying page not found.

Hmmm...

Take your computer offline, completely disconnect the internet connection from your computer...

Than delete all your temp files, and run the full scan on AVG. If you find nothing it's either a tricky bastard or something you may have messed with on your own accidentally...
Quote by TGFMusic
Hmmm...

Take your computer offline, completely disconnect the internet connection from your computer...

Than delete all your temp files, and run the full scan on AVG. If you find nothing it's either a tricky bastard or something you may have messed with on your own accidentally...

+infinite
Quote by hammondrckr
run an adware remover and a spyware remover
I recommend Adaware and spybot S&D they are both free and work very well

THIS

You're probably caught what I've been told is called fraudware. Does it give you popups saying that you have malicious software, click to download this special program that only costs X dollars?

EDIT: plus what ^he said.
Last edited by dudius at Jan 14, 2009,
if that wasn't catching it, reminds me of something my friend had recently, mile high ads or something. She ended up doing a restore or a reformat or something, didn't get many details. There was probably something else wrong with her comp though. I didn't get a chance to look at it much
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
The ad's that come up are like mountain high coupon's and a spyware ad, and google's result's come up in really odd font size, it look's somewhat less detailed in a way and the computer scan result came up with several cookies that were all yieldmanager and I deleted those, restarted my computer but I'm still having the same issue, if anyone can send me a link to one of those program's that have been mentioned it would be help cos' I can't search for it, I just found out it's not just google doing it, it's every search engine. Thanks.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I'm not sure if this will work but here is a link to what I get when I do a google search, http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ultimate+guitar, I'm not sure if that's what you normally get as url for search result, but it look's fine to me.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps