I have an Epi G-310 that I use as a backup guitar, and have been itching at hotting it up. I'm not sure if any of these ideas are any good but if someone could give me some feedback that would be great! This will be my first mod/build, besides removing pickup covers.

LIST OF IDEAS
1. It's mahogany, I'm not sure If I can do so, but I want to stain it a dark blue with a black burst. Like this: http://images.guitarsale.com/products/full/Gibson%20Custom/759229.jpg

(but with black burst)

2. Replace the neck with a custom one, perhaps a 24 fret shredder style? If not I'm happy with 22 but I would like a fast neck, I want something different to all my LP's. Also a Thinner neck should help it's tendency to neckdive.

3. EMG'S or Blackouts. Haven't decided.

4. Black nickel hardware.

Sound good?
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
New necks are hella expensive, you should be sure before you put one in.
Quote by Meths

fret-less is wrong on most of his other points though. And he's an idiot.
Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs
Whos penis is small? fret-less's

FREE COREYSMONSTER! I'm not changing this until you RE-BAN CoreysMonster forever.
(He was mean to me once, and I'm a petty man)
yea, its not like a bolt on where it is a relatively easy install..
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Don't go with EMGs. (a) it just means more work. (b) why?
but, hell, that's my opinion....

I'd personally go with SD... but I'm kindof a Seymore Duncan fanatic.... so... don't make funna me. XD

and the shred neck on and SG would be pretty cool... but I doubt that the cutaway is deep enough to reach 24 comfortably...
And, I'm not extremely familiar with SG construction, but it would be a bitch to get the neck off.
Quote by sacamano79
yea, its not like a bolt on where it is a relatively easy install..

It is a bolton. Sorry I should've mentioned it. There is no way I'd consider a new neck if I had a set one.

EDIT: Here is a pic of the neck joint.

Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
Last edited by zacharydak at Jan 14, 2009,
has no one noticed he won't be able to get what he wants with the finish?

TS, the pic you posted showing what you want it to look like, is a stained quilt maple top, which the G-310 doesn't have, so that won't work, at least not how you're imagining it
as long as you know that you won't get the neckthrough bit, then yeah, that'd work.
The next problem is finding a 24 fret SG neck that's made for shred. You gonna have one made, or what?
Quote by Emoishboy
as long as you know that you won't get the neckthrough bit, then yeah, that'd work.
The next problem is finding a 24 fret SG neck that's made for shred. You gonna have one made, or what?

It is possible to find 24 fret LP or SG necks isn't it?

I was even thinking of a new headstock shape, perhaps a carparison shape or jackson. I really want to push this guitar to be a metal shred machine, as I have more than enough range with my LP's and want to make this guitar dedicated to metal.

It might sound like a stupid question, but I don't care, because there's no such thing.
Can I fit an old Jackson or Ibanez (any brand just examples) to the body, providing that the scale is right?
Quote by IROBOTInferno
that finish looks sweet. maybe Warmoth for a neck? only problem is that Warmoth are frigging expensive
hey guess what the eipiphone g 310 has an alder body not mahogany the neck is mahogany thou and its an ok guitar i wanna get a gibson but i would change the pickups to blackouts just to save me 30 some dollars