forgive me if this is in the wrong place, shouldn't be a problem I don't think.

I'm planning on making my own leads now, as I'd rather spend $10 rather than $30 for a ten foot chord. So I'm curious as to what the best cable/wire would be for this.

thanks in advance guys.
... wrote
the funny thing about those ads is, if i could steal a car at the comfort of my own computer in my own house, i would.

Quote by MyDesertRose
Ahahaha TS just got gobsmacked.
Well played Wicked Rose
I would like to know this too
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
The best cable I know of is Klotz LaGrange. In the USA there is only 1 person that sells it and he doesn't sell raw cable.

http://www.kendrick-amplifiers.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=KOS&Category_Code=03

If you get custom size cables $20 for the 1st foot and $4 for each aditional foot. The upside is that you can get a 50 foot cable and chop it down into 5 10ft cables for about $220 which is about $200 cheaper than getting something like 5 premade cables. The downside that it still comes out to about $45 a cable.

I am technically a UK dealer (although I don't usually sell it, I use is as a free gift if and when pickup orders are delayed) and can sell you just the cable for $3.00 a foot and shipping will be free if you buy 30ft or more. I know thats not cheap but it'll give you the best cable in the world. With your guitar at max volume it's not going to sound much different than any "average" quality cable, but with the LaGrange cable you can turn your guitars volume down to 1 and still sound just as alive as you did when the volume is on 10. You can't even do that with monster cables!
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Jan 14, 2009,
sorry man, I'm kind'a on a budget as I don't currently have a paying job. (damnable free magazines *shakes fist*) I'm more so looking at any cable that's available from your local electronics store. I may take you up on that deal some time in the future, but currently I've got $200 and the generousity of friends to my name.
... wrote
the funny thing about those ads is, if i could steal a car at the comfort of my own computer in my own house, i would.

Quote by MyDesertRose
Ahahaha TS just got gobsmacked.
Well played Wicked Rose
^In that case, go to your local music shop. Most music shops have guitar cable that they sell by the foot for people that want to make their own leads. Ask which has the lowest capacitance and then get that one. Make sure you don't get instrument cable and speaker cable instead. It has to be guitar cable.
Not taking any online orders.