Re-posted here because GG&A thought I was talking about a Spider amp. ><

Alright, I used to be adamantly pro-big-pedalboard and anti-multieffect, what with my only experience being my old Behringer V-amp that broke in a few weeks. Anyway, I tried my bands tentative second guitarist's multi-effects floor unit, and I was blown away. I now understand why Behringer is so looked down upon.

Anyway, I was considering getting myself one so I wouldn't have to set up a whole setup to record demos/carry all my stuff to band practice/future gigs. I've read reviews of Line 6 Pod's and know a guy here who has a Pod XT Live, both the reviews and the guy seem to like the stuff. I'm a bit wary though as, after playing one, I'm one of those who will hit you over the head with your Spider if you bought it over a tube amp or a decent SS amp.

To cut the the point, I was looking at two Line 6 Multi-FX units/recording interface things, and I wanted UG's opinion on four things;

1. Is it just the Spider's that are bad, or is it every Line 6 product except their delay pedals?

2. If answer to the above is that it's just the Spiders, which amongst these should I go for? It's either a Pod 2.0($200) or a Floor Pod($150). Uses would be home use where I don't want to go set up everything and wear my tubes/batteries or want to use headphones, recording of home demos, band practice, guitar tracks on band demos, local gigging/touring(if the band makes it that far), and occasional showing off and futzing around. I'd prefer to have a USB out, line out and headphone out, but as long as I have a headphone out and a line out I can manage.

3. Anyone who owns/owned either of the above, what's your take on it/them?

4. If the answer to 1 is that their all bad, could you recommend some good multi-FX units around the same price range? Ignore this one if the answer to 1 was that it's just Spiders.

TL;DR: I'm looking at some Line 6 Pods because people say it's just the SS Spiders that are crap. Can I get some recommendations/opinions?

So yeah, thanks for any help you can provide UG.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
The POD is good, unlike the spiders which I honestly dislike.

Good build quality, good sounds. Not amazing, but good enough to provide a good practice session

If your gigging, than the floor pod might suit you better.

[]
Guitars:
Jackson WRXT + EMG 81/85
Les Paul
Ibanez SZ320
Amps:
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 30X
Effects:
Dunlop Cry-baby
Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive
Synthetizer:
Roland EXR-5
Thank you. Your one post was actually more helpful than all eight I got in GG&A.

How are the amp models, as well as specifically the delay and phaser? Also, if you've ran it into your computer, how does it sound when recorded direct?

Don't go with the Pod 2.0 or Floor Pod. Those are the basic models. If you want good quality, you need to go better than that. There's a reason they upgrade them. I personally don't like line 6, I like boss better. Line 6 is better for recording, but Boss is better for playing through an amp. I also hear great things about the Digitech GNX4, but only after you get the supermodels pack.

Here are my recommendations:
Line 6 Pod X3 (Live)
Boss GT-10
Digitech GNX4 with Supermodels pack
i like my Vox Tonelab LE, sure it doesn't have insane amounts of gain, but it does your classic amps well, and you can get really good sounds out of it via the tube built in (but it is still no substitute for real tube amps).
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Line6 products are usually really good, the ONLY REAL exception being the Spider SS series, even the tube versions are not that bad. Flextones, Vettas, PODs and HD147s are considered on of the best in their respective classes. but yeah a POD 2.0 should do you good.
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard
You really want the XT Live minimum
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
...Alright, let me just add that if you'd like to suggest something to me, which I'm completely open to as long as it's within my budget, I have $200 max to spend on it, so please stay within those lines. I underestimated the costs of gifts for everyone around the holidays, so I kind of spent most of my money then...