I'm thinking about getting a Marshall JCM2000 TSL602 combo amp. Is this one of the best Marshall combo amps? If not, what others would you suggest from the Marshall range?
If you shop around you can get a DSL 401 for £300, there are JVM402 combos for less than £1000. My personal favourite is a Marshall JTM combo, can't beat it.

On the other hand, you'll need to try out the amps beforehand and make sure it suits your style as well as your budget.
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

Quote by Ravenwoods
get a bugera 6262

Least helpful comment ever...

What kinda sound do you want?
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
ive played the JVM and quite liked it, i was just messin about thoug , hardly a good hands on, not a fan of the TSLs, the DSLs are good though.
Look at other brands than just Marshall.
TSL's arent that great, I feel like theres something missing from the tone I get from mine.
What do you play/want to sound like?
Mostly rock and metal like Maiden, AC/DC, Zeppelin, Guns N' Roses, Thin Lizzy, Metallica...the list goes on...
Another option would be to get a cab and head (Marshall 1936 Cab and maybe a JCM 2000 TSL Head)
I'd go with a JCM800 if I were you. I know where you can get a pre production 1959 for about 600 quid. It's the best sounding version of the JCM800's that I have ever heard, the only problem with it is that it's 100 watts with no master volume.

The 1987 50 watt was also a very good amp. Again it's a loud amp with no master but the master volume amps didn't sound as good.

The modern marshall amps have a very different tone that is better for many types of metal but not nearly as good for the hard rock and metal of the 70's, 80's, and 90's.

If you have to go with a newer amp or a more modern tone then I'd probably go with a laney GH50L instead of a marshall because it's better at hitting the in-between ground and you should be able to get the head with a matching cab within your budget.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by Natalie105
Mostly rock and metal like Maiden, AC/DC, Zeppelin, Guns N' Roses, Thin Lizzy, Metallica...the list goes on...

In that case you might want to look at Orange amps as well. A Rockerverb might suite you well.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
I can second the vote for a DSL. I own a DSL401 and its a great amp and incredibly loud.

I have added a 1X12" extension cab to min just to improve the projection a bit.

Overall great sounding amp. If you can try one out then go for it!!