Page 1 of 3
Through the past half a century, rock musicians have been performing moves to showoff to themselves, especially the lead guitarists.
While David Gilmore and Malcolm Young are poker-faces that depend on the lights/effects of the concert or their overly energetic younger brother, respectively.
But those like Jimmy Page and Steve Vai's stage antics are over the top, in a positive way.
When Clapton did a charity concert with Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page in the early 80s, beck and clapton who were traditional guitarists stood there and played but Page could not stop himself from hopping around during a session of Layla.
Steve Vai has air blowing his hair and his long fingers elegantly playing his instrument.

There are too many to mention, like the duck-walk of Chuck Berry or the circus-madness of Gene Simmons.
What are your favorite antics?
If possible post a picture of it.

Those are my picks:

Eric Clapton's cigarette on the headstock of his strat and there's nothing cool as this

Jimmy Page's cum-expression when he does a solo.
Two words.... Townsend & Windmill. Pic to follow:

Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

Last edited by Rolling_man at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by Rolling_man
Two words.... Townsend & Windmill. Pic to follow:

I was expecting Devin Townsend doing the hair windmill
Hendrix setting his guitar alight
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
As great and shit as they were, Nirvana trashin' the stage at the MTV Music Video Awards will always hold a place up there.
Speaking of metal, Metallica doesn't have that much interesting antics, if you ignore lars ulrich's drumming when he's standing up.
I also like Yngwie Malmsteen when he spins his guitar around his body
Quote by radomu
Speaking of metal, Metallica doesn't have that much interesting antics, if you ignore lars ulrich's drumming when he's standing up.

Robert Trujillo prancing like a gorilla?

I'd definitely classify that as an "on-stage antic"
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
Angus Young - the king of crazy

Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Ant Short climbing on his bass players shoulders for 'Monkey' then falling off at the end. (ARK UK, eighties)
I saw a singer who was so p****d off he ran at the wall at the side of the stage and broke his nose. Blood everywhere.

What about the last time The Gods played the Marquee and Hensley couldn't throw his Hammond at the stack so he threw the stack down on the Hammond.
SRV was pretty awesome when he was playing third stone from the sun on the ground with the whammy bar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daze Of My Youth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

caution: This sig employs the use of symbolism beyond "lol bright colours=flamboyantly gay
"
Alice Cooper...basically anything he did on-stage was awesome.
Quote by Minkaro
Schizophrenia rap?

*beatboxes*

I have schizophrenia, I talk to myself,
People startin' to doubt my mental health,
Maybe someday I'll get the help I need,
But till then don't be blamin' mah weed.

*scratches*
Freddie.

Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Hendrix guitar burning is indeed on the top.
As well as all the other people who re-enact it...
But Kurt Cobain jumping into a drum kit is alright.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Anthony Keidis' dancing arround
Wear the eye patch Bret, Wear the Funky Funky eye patch...

Quote by Tallman

You, sir, should be knighted.

Last edited by coolo : Today at 00:00 AM. Reason: ???
Quote by Mootallica
Robert Trujillo prancing like a gorilla?

I'd definitely classify that as an "on-stage antic"

Yeah but it's boring...
Quote by radomu

lars can only do it because he's a short-arse
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Quote by radomu

Malmsteen has a lot of things.
He does the cigarette in the headstock like Clapton but at the beginning of a song he takes it off and kicks it away.
At the Fender 60th aniversary or something he was demonstrating his new signature guitar and he did all kind of spins and flips with it.
Stevie ray vaughan when he soloed.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
either when the Who blew up their bass drum or when the singer from madina lake jumped over 10 ft to crowd surf. their manager required the barrier to be put up b/c he kept jumping into the crowd. it was put to keep the ppl 10 ft from the stage. he jumped the gap and made it into the crowd. take that manager! lol
Iggy Pop, stripping, smearing himself with peanut butter, cutting himself with glass, or stabbing himself with drum sticks, then stage-diving

what a freak
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
ill never forget being at shawdow fall's concert and the singer did the windmill thing and triped over his hair into the crowd then they sent him over to the mosh pit

and pretty much anything Jim Morrison did
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
id have to say justin hawkins riding a styrofoam white tiger suspended over the crowd wearing a spandex cat suit playing a guitar solo

sorry no picture
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
Page 1 of 3