Hey there! I'm looking for a new guitar setup and here is the idea that I have. I want to buy a PRS SE Soapbar ll and replace the pickups with Seymour Duncan stk-p1 pickups.

The reason being is that I want to have a moderate output pickup and use a distortion pedal to control how much gain I can put through it but get really sweet clean tones too.

I was wondering if anyone thinks this is a good idea rather than just throwing in a set of really high gain pickups where I may not get the best cleans? Any suggestions for some pickups to go in this guitar would be much appreciated! Cheers!
Just buy the guitar and play it for a while first. Then you decide if you need new pickups.
^how can you say that? Everybody know you supposed to administer treatment and then think about what the problem is.

but yeah, get the guitar and play around with it just to see what you think. Then when you know what you do and don't like about the stock pickups then you can make an educated choise about new pickups. Just because pickups are stock doesn't mean that they are no good.
Not taking any online orders.
^^ + ^I support both of the above statements.

especially Cord's.

EDIT:

Didn't realize that was Dr. House's diagnosis as well.

Nobody fucks with house!
------

Shwiggity.
Last edited by deftonesordie at Jan 14, 2009,
Damn it your right.
Get EMGS, tuners, a new neck, and a full blood analysis.
lol^

prs stock pickups are good from what ive heard (with me own ears) but i cant vouch for there p 90's try it out first
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by Dr. House
Damn it your right.
Get EMGS, tuners, a new neck, and a full blood analysis.

Is it lupus?
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
Is it lupus?

I second everybody else, play it first. And even if you're set on not having stocks, you'll know exactly what you want.