http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF5ra8N1ndw

I was watching this and I can't figure out how he does it with absolutely no harmonics or ringing. Even on the half-speed version, I can't do it without strings ringing when i lift my fingers off

Is it all down to him being ridiculously accurate, or does have have a compressor effect to reduce the string noise?

I just don't understand how you can lift your fingers off the strings at that speed and hammer them on hard enough to produce a note without any background noise
Be really accurate. And practice a lot.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
And wrap something round the strings at 1st or 2nd fret. Dunnery used to do that with It Bites.
Quote by Lurcher
And wrap something round the strings at 1st or 2nd fret. Dunnery used to do that with It Bites.

Scrunchy FTW!
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Quote by Lurcher

Not needed if you practice well.

TS: The key to having no noise is good muting technique, if you watch his picking/tapping hand you can just about see that he's always muting the strings he's not playing with the fleshy part below his thumb and the side of his palm. There is a video on youtube where he explains himself if you want to go looking for it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.