I have decided that the tremolo on my S470 is to much of a pain in the ass for low tunings and i want a guitar with a tremolo for standard tuning. so i am buying a new guitar without a tremolo for drop tunings and putting the blackouts from the S470 in the hard tail guitar.
i was thinking about an RG321 because i love the ibanez necks.
any other suggestions for some good sturdy hard tail guitars?
stock pickups in the guitar dont matter because i will be swapping them for the blackouts as stated above.
budget is nothing over $1000AU.
Quote by 666_Pounder
Get a Tremo-no? Much cheaper.

i want the tremolo on the S470 for standard tuning stuff so i need a new guitar for the drop tuning stuff that i play in my band.
Why don't you want a trem for dropped tunings, if you wanna be able to switch with ease, then that's all good, but yeah.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
im in the same situation as the TC. Maybe an Ibanez SA would be good? They're under a thousand too.
Quote by Jesstaa
Why don't you want a trem for dropped tunings, if you wanna be able to switch with ease, then that's all good, but yeah.

its a bitch to set up, and i stripped the first locking nut hole because the 56 string didnt leave enough screw for the hole. a hard tail guitar will be so much easier to set up and change strings, plus i can easily go between different low tunings without having to reset the trem
Quote by samlocke14
its a bitch to set up, and i stripped the first locking nut hole because the 56 string didnt leave enough screw for the hole. a hard tail guitar will be so much easier to set up and change strings, plus i can easily go between different low tunings without having to reset the trem

Makes sense... Tbh I didn't find setting up for Drop B all that hard, didn't even need to do much to my intonation, but yeah, they can be a bitch sometimes.

And I never really imagined that switching gauges on a normal nut would be any good because it should be a nice snug fit.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Jesstaa
Makes sense... Tbh I didn't find setting up for Drop B all that hard, didn't even need to do much to my intonation, but yeah, they can be a bitch sometimes.

And I never really imagined that switching gauges on a normal nut would be any good because it should be a nice snug fit.

yeah but it takes ages to change strings and if i want to go up to drop C for example i have to reset everything. i dont use the trem because i have to use for it in my band and i keep thinking to myself "gee i wish i had a guitar with a trem for standard tuning" so thats why i want a hard tail.
look into stuff like the esp ltd les paul copies, i reckon they would be what you want but maybe out of your price range.

i used to own a rg321mh (the regular 321 has a trem the mh model is hard tail), i sold it to upgrade to my jackson DKMG, they are great guitars, and even though they had ibz INF pickups in them, i thought the pickups where great and very versatile.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Try to find a Schecter Hellraiser with TOM and get some money back by selling the EMGs.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by Zyzzvya
im in the same situation as the TC. Maybe an Ibanez SA would be good? They're under a thousand too.

nah ive got an SA they have a ****ty floating bridge. Adjusting the tuning on one string puts out all the others.
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
Oh look I used the search bar! I am looking for the same as you are.

I have started looking at Ibanez but I am not looking at Washburns. Mite even get a Dan Dongague Signature (the silver and black one).

Of course if you want a real mad metal guitar try BC rich but I do find there necks are like strats a bit. Good luck.
Burny LG75-GR
Epi SG Pro 1966 Ltd Ed
PRS Angelus SE Custom

Korg Pandora effect unit (for practising)
Slash CryBaby
Blackstar HT-5
Korg RC2 Looooooper