Hey, bought a special edition DSL 50 head yesterday, its got green tolex, silver grill cloth and a gold marshall logo. cant seem to find any information on these amps, why the special edition? what occasion? how many were made and when?
Cheers

Glenn
=---Can't stop addicted to the shindig!!
not at mo, ill take some tonight, but they wont really tell you more than that description
Would it be something like this?
Gear
Guitars
PRS CE22
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
B.C.Rich Warlock Bronze series (raffle prize)
Pedals
Crybaby from Hell
Blackstar HT-Dual
Line 6 DL-4

Amp
Cornford Roadhouse 30
Sounds pretty cool man. I love the limited edition red JVMs too (here).
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
thats the one dude, but its a 50w head
Sounds sick.

How do you like it, tonewise?

I've got the 100 watt version and I love it. Such a range of tones from it.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
I have a limited edition racing green TSL601 that i got from what used to be Sound Control, they were doing some kind of promotion back in February last year and as far as i know thats the only place that ever had them made. So i take it you got yours second hand because i heard only 49 of these racing green Marshall were made (i dont know if that includes the cabs or not).
Last edited by Necrotise at Jan 14, 2009,
no dude, it was new, just been in stock a long time at academy of sound (used to be sound control) were they exclusivley a sound control product then?
Quote by b00m_
Sounds sick.

How do you like it, tonewise?

I've got the 100 watt version and I love it. Such a range of tones from it.

It sound gorgeous dude, dont know if there is any change to circuity or if the difference is just cosmetic. but its a massive step up from my carlsbro GLX100 ss combi!
awesome man what cab do you use it with?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
My standard DSL50 just died on me, after 6 months, its going back to marshall, all on warranty of course
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
i got an early 70's marshall 4x12 with greenbacks that i run it through dude
Quote by Glennjoe
no dude, it was new, just been in stock a long time at academy of sound (used to be sound control) were they exclusivley a sound control product then?

I believe so yeah. Youre a pretty lucky guy if its true that there was only 49 made and you picked yours up recently.
yeah man, was marked up as £764 but got it for £550, not bad, even if the 49 count isnt true, its still rare, i've never seen another

there it is, hope someone can clear this up a bit, emailed marshall but no response yet.
looks badass
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
thanks, i cant find any pics online of it
it is genuine marshall, no mods, i bought it new, the special edition logo is on there. just wondered if the difference is just skin deep and why the style was made, what occasion
It is just a limited edition Racing Green.

There may be some small-time reason behind it....

Afraid to say it is just cosmetic.

However, you should get a lot of fun out of it - not a bad amp at all - plus should hold value and always attract attention at gigs!
yeah i love the tone, didnt realise the cleans on these things could be so sweet, got a big gig next month, cant wait crank it up. guessed it was just cosmetic, just strange ive never seen them before