SAN FRANCISCO - A California man has been arrested for arranging for his 14-year-old daughter to marry a neighbor in exchange for $16,000, 100 cases of beer and several cases of meat, police said.

Authorities in Greenfield, a farming community on California's central coast, said they learned of the deal after Marcelino de Jesus Martinez, 36, asked them for help getting back his daughter after payment wasn't made.

Police also arrested the intended groom, 18-year-old Margarito de Jesus Galindo, on suspicion of statutory rape, but prosecutors have not decided whether to charge him.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28629054/?GT1=43001

I know I shouldn't laugh but still,
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Man knows what he wants, gotta give him credit for that.
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.

wait...

UrAllSh1t, you are sh1t. I know this is the Pit, but you presented it about as one-sided as the IDF's media spokesman.

Read down the link, and you see that the money was a dowry, the beer and meat were for the wedding.

The only illegal thing is that it broke the age of consent laws.

O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
RED MILITIA FACTION
Last edited by Trickycindy at Jan 14, 2009,
farming community, no wonder.

p.s. Irish people can laugh at what they want seeing as we are the laughing stock of the world
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
The decent human being in me says that he's an arsehole. The Pit monkey in me wants to give that man a knighthood.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
God bless America.
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join
Quote by Trickycindy

wait...

UrAllSh1t, you are sh1t. I know this is the Pit, but you presented it about as one-sided as the IDF's media spokesman.

Read down the link, and you see that the money was a dowry, the beer and meat were for the wedding.

The only illegal thing is that it broke the age of consent laws.

I know I saw that, but I left it out because it's not nearly as funny as imagining some guy sitting on his big pile of cash drinking beer and eating meat.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
SAN FRANCISCO - A California man has been arrested for arranging for his 14-year-old daughter to marry a neighbor in exchange for $16,000, 100 cases of beer and several cases of meat, police said.

Authorities in Greenfield, a farming community on California's central coast, said they learned of the deal after Marcelino de Jesus Martinez, 36, asked them for help getting back his daughter after payment wasn't made.

Police also arrested the intended groom, 18-year-old Margarito de Jesus Galindo, He then preceeded to talk about WTC how the fire that was fueled by jet fuel isnt hot enought to melt the steel.

Aha! I always knew Jesus was a pervert!
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████

But seriously, that sucks to be her.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I know I saw that, but I left it out because it's not nearly as funny as imagining some guy sitting on his big pile of cash drinking beer and eating meat.

I feel like I just found where you stashed your pot of gold

Didn't want to expose you as a LIAR though
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
RED MILITIA FACTION
It was totally worth it.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by shadow__666
The decent human being in me says that he's an arsehole. The Pit monkey in me wants to give that man a knighthood.

Same here...

Also, on that link it was advertising guitars and basses for sale... OP, do you work for MSNBC?
For sale
BC Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic in Koa
Dean VMNT in Silver
Marshall TSL JCM2000 Head

PM For info!

My band
Quote by Maus24
God bless America.

In-fucking-deed.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by darrenjables

Also, on that link it was advertising guitars and basses for sale... OP, do you work for MSNBC?

No.

Damn, they've discovered my secret
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by LordBishek
Someone say "Pot of gold"?

Follow the rainbow.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
That **** doesn't fly in USA, however that is common in mexican culture (i dont know about the selling part but the marrying much younger women) so i am not one to place judgement.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"