hey .. sorry for my terrible English.

Anyone who may know how to get that specific/similar tone??? here's the videoclip ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn0DCLqb9vU

its a ska punk song from Goldfinger .. the bassist use pick and i really like that funky sound he got on the intro of the song.

I just bought Frank Bello Signature bass (Squier Jazz Bass) and i use Guitar Rig to record direct. All i need now is whats the correct amp settings to get a similar sound.

Thanks
Quote by Captain Insano
Boost Mids, and in the beginner he uses a phaser.

what about bass and treble? how much?? when you use pick i think you have to set Bass 10 .. or is it wrong?? thanks
hmm .. it sounds really good i think .. i tried this setting ... bass 7, mid 8, hi mid 8, treble 0
Quote by goldfinger69
hmm .. it sounds really good i think .. i tried this setting ... bass 7, mid 8, hi mid 8, treble 0

add more treble, lay off the tone knob and high mids, not too much, I'd say bass 5, lo mid 7, hi mid 6, treble 5.

the Frank Bello has the right pickup, favor that split coil, you have no tone knobs sadly, but you'll just sound a little choppier.

and yes, phaser.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
add more treble, lay off the tone knob and high mids, not too much, I'd say bass 5, lo mid 7, hi mid 6, treble 5.

the Frank Bello has the right pickup, favor that split coil, you have no tone knobs sadly, but you'll just sound a little choppier.

and yes, phaser.

thanks .. emm i m using guitar rig as i said .. .. there are also some buttons "Bright, Ultra Hi Ultra Low and Graphic Eq" ... for ex. if i turn on the Bright button the sound change completely .. should i let them untouch?
Quote by goldfinger69
thanks .. emm i m using guitar rig as i said .. .. there are also some buttons "Bright, Ultra Hi Ultra Low and Graphic Eq" ... for ex. if i turn on the Bright button the sound change completely .. should i let them untouch?

well, if you turn on the graphic EQ you have all new things to mess with I believe, I'd leave that alone for now. I wouldn't use ultra hi or low, see if you like bright yourself, It depends, I've never used guitar rig.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
well, if you turn on the graphic EQ you have all new things to mess with I believe, I'd leave that alone for now. I wouldn't use ultra hi or low, see if you like bright yourself, It depends, I've never used guitar rig.

heh true!!! thanks anyway man and you should try Guitar rig .. its like u have a real expensive amp with Eq plus lots of effects, phasers, distortions, wahs! i think i m pretty close to the sound i m looking for .. thanks again everyone
Quote by goldfinger69
heh true!!! thanks anyway man and you should try Guitar rig .. its like u have a real expensive amp with Eq plus lots of effects, phasers, distortions, wahs! i think i m pretty close to the sound i m looking for .. thanks again everyone

I like hearing my tone as I make it, it makes remembering how to sound a way easier.

and all I need is a chorus, a Sansamp, and some variety of fuzzes, I'll be good.

does Guitar Rig have an MXR Bass Blowtorch and a Wounded Paw Attack Goat on there?
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
I like hearing my tone as I make it, it makes remembering how to sound a way easier.

and all I need is a chorus, a Sansamp, and some variety of fuzzes, I'll be good.

does Guitar Rig have an MXR Bass Blowtorch and a Wounded Paw Attack Goat on there?

Nah i dont think so .. you should check out some videos in youtube to see how powerful is that software .. if you have the knowledge how to use all this effects i m sure u ll create ur own sounds in not time .. there is also Amplitube .. they say its even more powerful than Guitar Rig .. check them out .. i like this kind of programs cause u can fix things later/change effects e.t.c cz u record dry .. direct is the best way IMO .. its much more easier than trying to record through mic'ed amp in an untreated room...
Quote by goldfinger69
Nah i dont think so .. you should check out some videos in youtube to see how powerful is that software .. if you have the knowledge how to use all this effects i m sure u ll create ur own sounds in not time .. there is also Amplitube .. they say its even more powerful than Guitar Rig .. check them out .. i like this kind of programs cause u can fix things later/change effects e.t.c cz u record dry .. direct is the best way IMO .. its much more easier than trying to record through mic'ed amp in an untreated room...

ok, I'll check it out.

Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by goldfinger69

I may get a Line6 Bass PODXT soon, and I believe that can go direct. No? Also, would this solve a (progressive)latency problem I have when recording?

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by m4l666
I may get a Line6 Bass PODXT soon, and I believe that can go direct. No? Also, would this solve a (progressive)latency problem I have when recording?

latency problems .. u will still have them i think .. did u set up ur asio drivers correctly? what is your audio interface? and yes you can go direct! but it won't be like Guitar/Bass Emulators though .. with these softwares there is an option where u can mic the amp (in the software i mean) and get the real live feeling with 9 diff. mics, dynamic condenser e.t.c i dont know if i understand this .. (cz my english sucks and i dont know how to explain it to you correctly) .. just google/youtube Guitar Rig or Amplitube and you ll see what i mean ..

p.s Producer John Feldmann (the used, atreyu, escape the fate, goldfinger, the matches e.t.c) use Amplitube for his bass sound!
I don't hear any phaser in the beginning of the song, it's just the guitar playing the bassline along with the bass in palm mutes
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120