Page 1 of 2
Since there's the schecter page, I thought I would take initiative for jackson's 09' Lineup predictions.

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/

Their new lineup comes out tomorrow. As seen on the front page, the Matt Tuck sig and the Adrian Smith sig will be officially released, but there will be more.

Predictions?
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Has been said many times... but...

RR model, no pickguard, 24 frets, two pickups, neckthru.
A more affordable version of the PC-1 would be nice.If they came out with a nice 7 string model I'd probably giggle like a school girl then run out and buy one.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by bapplebo

Yup. And we're not going to stop until we get one dammit! I've said it once and I'll say it again, they should give Kristian Ranta from Norther a sig. Unfortunately, that seems to be the only way we'll get one.
Quote by bapplebo

That. I'd really like a RR with two pickups, two tone, and two volume knobs. I really like the Alexi ESPs but I'm not really keen on the 1 PUP setup
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Quote by Pr0gNut
A more affordable version of the PC-1 would be nice.If they came out with a nice 7 string model I'd probably giggle like a school girl then run out and buy one.

Jackson does need to tap the 7-string market
an I'm going to keep prayong for a cheaper mark morton signature
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by ShredGod George

They really do.The only that I know of now is the COW signature 7 and I hate that thing with a passion.The MM siggy is pretty damn expensive but it looks amazing.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by ShredGod George

They had an RR7R in the past. It's a RR 7 string guitar. They should re-release it.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by Vittu0666
Yup. And we're not going to stop until we get one dammit! I've said it once and I'll say it again, they should give Kristian Ranta from Norther a sig. Unfortunately, that seems to be the only way we'll get one.

+! Give The Norther boys signature guitars.

Edit: I've noticed Jackson now list the RR24 and RR24M as being in the MG series - since release they've been Pro Series, what's happening here?
RULE BRITANNIA
Last edited by Cobain_Is_King at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by LP_CL
They had an RR7R in the past. It's a RR 7 string guitar. They should re-release it.

I heard from CJ_Rocker that those were hit or miss. But Jackson's quality has improved since, so I'll have to agree.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I'm loving the Adrian Smith Dinky.
I want one.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by Justice4AllOne
I'm loving the Adrian Smith Dinky.
I want one.

True, it's god damn sexy. But please, dont call it a dinky.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
True, it's god damn sexy. But please, dont call it a dinky.

If you looked at the page, it's called the Adrian Smith Dinky lol.
I personally, wouldn't say it's a Dinky, but Jackson does.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
God damn Jackson noobs, they dont even know their own guitars. Thats not a dinky body, it has a pickguard, AND the headstock is different. How do they call that a dinky?
tsss
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
God damn Jackson noobs, they dont even know their own guitars. Thats not a dinky body, it has a pickguard, AND the headstock is different. How do they call that a dinky?
tsss

Its bolt-on neck on a strat style body, pickguard and headstocks arent as important to models really, for example, LPs you can get with or without pickguards and they are the same model, dunno about many different headstocks on the same guitar, but its not worth creating another body type area on the website for that, and i wouldnt lump it with the phil collens :/
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
But it isnt a dinky body. Its a strat body. The horns are completely different, and the body contour is much rounder. It doesnt even look like a dinky. A soloist looks more like a dinky than this Adrian Smith 'dinky'. Its like if Gibson would call their nighthawk a Les Paul.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Jan 14, 2009,
Dinky = 7/8th size body. The rest doesn't matter. And yes, a lot of people on Jackson/Charvel forum found the past 7s to have dodgy fretwork, and because of that, they went over horribly since the lower ebay prices. What I want to see Jackson do is try a guitar with a MIDI pickup built in or a synth access guitar. Jacksons are wild enough in of themselves it would look normal, and Fender has a relationship with Roland. That would be awesome to make a modern G-707. Never gonna happen though.
The adrian smith sig is awesome ! Saw the white one in their show last July

Love the white/black pickguard/maple fretboard combination
Quote by bapplebo

+1

Someday Jackson'll realise how many people want this.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
wtf, old models should go down on the price, any model got that or they are going to? or no intention to do that? ( please not the last one )
Quote by Rashdan
wtf, old models should go down on the price, any model got that or they are going to? or no intention to do that? ( please not the last one )

Why? Jackson does not work like ESP or Ibanez where they change their models every year. I don't see Epiphone or Fenders going up in price There is no need to, as what they have works. IF you want deals, you need to track down some of the older FSR guitars and see if any dealers that still have them want to get rid of them.
Hm Matt Tuck uses Jackson but Padget uses ESP, that's weird.

Usually guitarists in a band use both from the same guitar brand, like Syn and Zacky of A7X use Schechter, Hammett and Hetfield use ESP etc.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Hm Matt Tuck uses Jackson but Padget uses ESP, that's weird.

Usually guitarists in a band use both from the same guitar brand, like Syn and Zacky of A7X use Schechter, Hammett and Hetfield use ESP etc.

That normally has to do with the money thrown at them to do so. I believe the other dude in Lam of God uses ESP and has a signature with them despite Mark having a Jackson.
Damn! I'm buying that Matt Tuck sig. (As long as I wont have to sell a limb to pay for it)

I don't even really like BFMV but I want that guitar.
gear

Epiphone SG-400
Agile AL-3100
Schecter Damien-7 (EMG 707 swap)
Peavey JSX Head
Peavey 412 Cab
Boss GT-10
Yamaha FG720S Acoustic
Last edited by Demonazzz at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by Woozye
The adrian smith sig is awesome ! Saw the white one in their show last July

Love the white/black pickguard/maple fretboard combination

I think, when I next get some spare cash, that I will buy an Adrian Smith model, with the maple neck and black pickguard.
Such a nice guitar!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
What I would do is buy the one with the ebony board and buy a black pickguard and switch the pickguards.
Ebony is so much nicer to play imo.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by CJRocker
That normally has to do with the money thrown at them to do so. I believe the other dude in Lam of God uses ESP and has a signature with them despite Mark having a Jackson.

Yep.

Morton has a Jackson sig, W.Adler has an ESP sig.
Quote by bapplebo

Agreed. Can't be said enough until Jackson actually listens.
Quote by dan ramP
+1

Someday Jackson'll realise how many people want this.

Hopefully. They're being stupid not to already, as it's not like they can afford to be anything but all ears at this point. They don't have the same market power that they used to, with much greater competition having since come in.
Quote by bapplebo

I perfer Bolt ons, I dont know why, but i like the fact i can take it off and replace it if it snaps, bows, gets really messed up. Neck thru you cant really do that, I placed an order for a
Maple Bolt on neck with an ebony fretboard with 24 frets from L&M who's ordering from jackson aparently. for my JS30RR, which has a indian cedro neck with rosewood, 24 frets.
Gibson 1972 SG Pro T-Top Bridge, P90 Neck
Dean DBD T ML
Jackson JS30RR EMGs 85-81
Epiphone G-400 Goth
76 Mann Les Paul Custom
Fender f-230 Accoustic
Randall RG-180 DX
Line6 Spider III HD75 Head - Behringer 412
Saving for a Marshall JCM 800.
Where and when can I order the Adrian Smith...

I need one...
In order for evil to succeed, good men must do nothing...
i'm getting a js in the coming days, any ideas?
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Wow, I just found Another Jenna Jameson Model, except this one's an RR. Looks kinda cool.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, this guitar is stupid. They could have put that effort into making a nice new series, instead of this.
Last edited by Beebaboo at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by Beebaboo
Wow, I just found Another Jenna Jameson Model, except this one's an RR. Looks kinda cool.

I don't know why Jackson even bothered with the JJ guitars...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Beebaboo

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, this guitar is stupid. They could have put that effort into making a nice new series, instead of this.

While agree with the fact that they could have put the effort into much better areas, that need it much much more, I actually think its kinda cool. In that Hello Kitty Strat kind of way.

Ridiculous? Yes. Ridiculously awesome.
Quote by JessicaGonzo
matt tuck is hott and so is the reverse headstock on his RR.

YEAH LYK TTLLY. I JUST LUV that HOTT SPARKLY silver finish! SO SEXXXY. I LOVE THE GLITTER. BLING BLING.
I wish Jackson would release the Death Angel as an actual series in stead of just a custom shop body. I want it so bad but it'll take so long to save up the money. Also having a JB/Jazz or EMG's on pretty much every model is kind of lame. It'd be cool if they put a Distortion or some other SD in a couple just for diversity's sake.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Actually, I kinda like the silver sparkly ****.

And no, I'm not gay. lol
gear

Epiphone SG-400
Agile AL-3100
Schecter Damien-7 (EMG 707 swap)
Peavey JSX Head
Peavey 412 Cab
Boss GT-10
Yamaha FG720S Acoustic
Quote by Demonazzz
Actually, I kinda like the silver sparkly ****.

And no, I'm not gay. lol

+1
As much as BFMV sucks, that guitar is awesome!
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Page 1 of 2