Hey people, I've decided I'm going to *try* and play more Techdeath.
So, my questions are
1) Which scales do YOU use most in techdeath?
2) Which was the first techdeath song you could play(and how long had you been playing for?)
3) What are your main inspirations when writing techdeath?

Thanks.
why not analyse a techdeath piece and then figure the scales out?
although I don't see why you would want too, I just youtubed it and it sounds like ass. seriously learning these songs would help your speed and accuracy I guess but they aren't musical on the guitar, just fast and complicated.
1) the death scale (1b2b3b4b5b6b7b)
2)Techdeath musical- song 3 "all i wanna play is the death scale"
3)to advertise the death scale.
Last edited by marko'd at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by stephen_rettie
why not analyse a techdeath piece and then figure the scales out?
although I don't see why you would want too, I just youtubed it and it sounds like ass. seriously learning these songs would help your speed and accuracy I guess but they aren't musical on the guitar, just fast and complicated.

THAT'S why I want to learn to play some.
Last edited by LordPino at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by LordPino
THAT'S why I want to learn to play some.

cause it sounds like ass and isnt musical? reevaluate yourself sir.
there is music that is fast and complicated and sounds good. and I dont mean like the subjective good that everyone has their own tastes, musically the stuff i youtubed was simply dissonance.
Quote by stephen_rettie
cause it sounds like ass and isnt musical? reevaluate yourself sir.
there is music that is fast and complicated and sounds good. and I dont mean like the subjective good that everyone has their own tastes, musically the stuff i youtubed was simply dissonance.

Our band makes melodeath. No, I don't really love techdeath. But it DOES help you with your technique. Black metal is good for alternate picking, metalcore for string skipping, neoclassical for sweeps.
So you guys are saying Necrophagist sounds like crap?
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
Quote by LordPino
Our band makes melodeath. No, I don't really love techdeath. But it DOES help you with your technique. Black metal is good for alternate picking, metalcore for string skipping, neoclassical for sweeps.

im just saying why not learn the technique? make up your own exercises in a scale of your choice, then you can write and learn at the same time.
Quote by Benjabenja

No, I love Necrophagist. But I don't like Techdeath in general.

Quote by stephen_rettie
im just saying why not learn the technique? make up your own exercises in a scale of your choice, then you can write and learn at the same time.

That's why I asked what people's inspiration was.
Quote by Benjabenja

well, for the most part ya...
brilliant musicianship and i bow down to them all in terms of that.
but jesus christ i cant get through a song without getting bored
Quote by LordPino
Hey people, I've decided I'm going to *try* and play more Techdeath.
So, my questions are
1) Which scales do YOU use most in techdeath?
2) Which was the first techdeath song you could play(and how long had you been playing for?)
3) What are your main inspirations when writing techdeath?

Thanks.

I use the blues scale. My inspirations include trains and rain.
stfu people who say it sounds like ass, the kid does not give a **** about your ****ty musical taste.

1.) Minor/harmonic minor
2.) I don't ever take the time to learn whole songs. Learned most of Pierced From Within by Suffocation after about a year and a half of playing though
3.) Suffocation, Death, Atheist, Cryptopsy, list goes on forever
Quote by Tehzekester
stfu people who say it sounds like ass, the kid does not give a **** about your ****ty musical taste.

1.) Minor/harmonic minor
2.) I don't ever take the time to learn whole songs. Learned most of Pierced From Within by Suffocation after about a year and a half of playing though
3.) Suffocation, Death, Atheist, Cryptopsy, list goes on forever

lol he doesnt like it either