If i spray paint like a logo or somthing onto the front of the amp will it hurt the amp? Or is there a better way than spray paint?
If it were me, I wouldn't take the chance of getting paint on any of the workings of my amp. You just don't know what will happen when paint contacts different surfaces, especially if you are spraying an enamel, or laquer. Like any paint job, just mask the things you don't want ruined with overspray. If you are trying to paint the grill clothe and you can't remove it, you might want to consider a 4" mini foam roller, or a foam disposable brush. Set up your stencil and get busy lowering the resale price of your amp. Good luck, I hope this helps.
shoould be fine
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by slomoslam
If it were me, I wouldn't take the chance of getting paint on any of the workings of my amp. You just don't know what will happen when paint contacts different surfaces, especially if you are spraying an enamel, or laquer. Like any paint job, just mask the things you don't want ruined with overspray. If you are trying to paint the grill clothe and you can't remove it, you might want to consider a 4" mini foam roller, or a foam disposable brush. Set up your stencil and get busy lowering the resale price of your amp. Good luck, I hope this helps.

thank you, and im not so worried about the resale value of my amp

im not selling it
=]
Mr. Thunderbird wants to spraypaint his amp... *sigh*

Anyway, what, you play on spraypainting the grille, or the actual head? If you want to spraypaint the grille, make sure no paint gets on the speaker. In fact, take of the grille and spraypaint it that way. If you're going to spraypaint the face of the head, make sure you tape off any and ALL controls so you're just spraypainting the metal faceplate of your Behringer.

But... why?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by thefitz
Mr. Thunderbird wants to spraypaint his amp... *sigh*

Anyway, what, you play on spraypainting the grille, or the actual head? If you want to spraypaint the grille, make sure no paint gets on the speaker. In fact, take of the grille and spraypaint it that way. If you're going to spraypaint the face of the head, make sure you tape off any and ALL controls so you're just spraypainting the metal faceplate of your Behringer.

But... why?

ouch...

but +1
Just to put my initials on it, just feel like it really. And at the last gig i played one of the other bands tried to steal my amp and said it had no markings on it so im one, marking it, and two customizing it
Quote by Thunderbird660
Just to put my initials on it, just feel like it really. And at the last gig i played one of the other bands tried to steal my amp and said it had no markings on it so im one, marking it, and two customizing it

use a brush.

seriously.

and it's a Behringer. why would anyone try to steal it?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Probably because you want to spray it, were just presuming thats the only reason that you would do that to an amp. And painting an amp, i wouldnt exactly call it customizing.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by Thunderbird660
I dont remember saying a had a behringer
O.o

I have an ampeg

oh...

I assumed fitz was right...lol...
Quote by thefitz
make sure you tape off any and ALL controls so you're just spraypainting the metal faceplate of your Behringer.

oh well.

use a brush.

and it's an Ampeg. if someone is stupid enough to want it, you'll catch em easy.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
ampegs have cloth grills so as long as u don't go to heavy with the spray paint. but if u wanna customize it cover the sides in bright orange shag carpeting or something self done amp painting usually looks brutal. Rob from metallica silk screens his ampeg cabs with the m and racing stripe stuff.
Keep On Keepen' On
Took a shot in the dark, but was way off target!

But anyway, I think spraypainting the grille could result in paint on the cone, which isn't cool. Use a thin brush, but then you might be muffling the grille. You might not be able to tell the difference tone-wise, especially if it's a tweeterless 115.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Why not paint like the underside of the amp, that way you dont need to worry about damaging the amo, and you still have it initialed.

Btw, painting your name on your amp =/= customising.

And to solve all the mystery, what ampeg do you have?
wait...what? You painted the bottom of your amp, and it ruined his amp?
Nope, no sig here.
no he spraypainted his like i was going to but somthing messed up in his amp

my bad i kinda mixed those two sentences
oh...

So you just painted the bottom? Sounds fine...I just put some industrial-style metal labels on the back of mine.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Thunderbird660
I dont remember saying a had a behringer
O.o

I have an ampeg

I remember you saying you had a Behringer. I can't remember where but I remember.

And why don't you write your initials on it in marker pen?

EDIT: Son of a bitch. >_<
Wasn't you that said they had a Thunderbird and Behringer.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Last edited by Vampire 255 at Jan 16, 2009,
Quote by Vampire 255
EDIT: Son of a bitch. >_<
Wasn't you that said they had a Thunderbird and Behringer.

I don't believe someone could make a mistake like that twice.