Page 1 of 8
Do you think the whole studs, buttons, and patches thing is cool or just plain rediculous?
Personally I think it can get pretty cheesy and cliche after a certain point. However I do have a leather jacket and a denim vest I decorated with the things I listed above, but I didnt go overboard with covering every place with studs and all that like some people do. I also do tend to wear mostly band shirts but I see it as since I love these bands and they mean something to me, I like wearing them.
But, when someone doesnt or does wear something for the simple reason that they want to look "punx", its just plain wrong.
So what are your thoughts, my fellows?
I've never understood why so many punks try to look just like one another.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
I wear high heels, stockings and suspenders and an exploited t shirt and absolutely NO knickers, so everyone can see Ahnuldt.
I have a leather jacket, long hair, and wear novelty shirts. I basically blend in with the majority of people. I have nothing against the p0nx style, but I can't be bothered to keep up the appearance.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Last edited by HiImKindaNewAnd at Jan 14, 2009,
Like any other look, it depends on what you look like already how you wear it. It can look great on some people and ****ing hideous on others.

Personally I like it and I choose to look like a punk. Any judgmental **** who would tell me that I only do so to fit in and be more p0nx is more than welcome to take a long walk off a short cliff. Especially since, in my experience, most of the people in the scene dress normally and have normal hair.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
But, when someone doesnt or does wear something for the simple reason that they want to look "punx", its just plain wrong.

Everyone always tries to look a certain way...

That being said I don't have anything that has studs on it, except for my belt. I got my first band button saturday night, and I'm thinking of getting a bunch to put on my guitar strap.

The only thing I have that would be considered p0nx besides my shirts & hoodie, are my p0nx pants (red plad pants)....and my jeans are all torn, but that's because of wear&tear not cause I bought them like that, or cut them on purpose.\

Anyways, I'd love to get a cool p0nx black leather jacket with studs and **** on them, not cause it's punx, but cause I think they look really ****ing cool.

I don't care if that'd make me fit into the punk stereotype, and I don't care that it'd make me look alot like everyone else at shows. I won't not wear something cause others are gonna have something just like it.
Last edited by Swap-Meet at Jan 14, 2009,
i wear flannel....would it be punx if i studded my flannel?
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Eh, I don't like it. I think it looks a little silly and a bit too masculine / macho (most of the time that is. As Cowswithguns pointed out, it really all can come down to the person). I much prefer dress shoes, collard shirts, and blazers, though I doubt I'll ever stop wearing skinny jeans.

There's a hardcore punk kid in my Russian class (mohawk, p0nx shirts, skate shoes, gauges, etc.) who has NO idea I like punk and NEVER talks to me cause I don't look the part anymore (plus he's kind of a douchebag anyways, haha, and not cause he's punk). I used to be more into band t-shirts and spikey hair, but eh, people change.
DOWN&OUT
Quote by Jett Diamond
There's a hardcore punk kid in my Russian class (mohawk, p0nx shirts, skate shoes, gauges, etc.) who has NO idea I like punk and NEVER talks to me cause I don't look the part anymore (plus he's kind of a douchebag anyways, haha, and not cause he's punk). I used to be more into band t-shirts and spikey hair, but eh, people change.
It's the same way with me. When I was in high school there were the punk kids and they were always shocked when they found out I liked punk (of course in those early years I wore primarily skate brand shirts, yep I was one of those kids).

I wear primarily plaid shirts now and regular leg jeans. While I don't really dress "punk", I wouldn't feel out of place at shows. I guess I'm one of the normally looking kids that cows was talking about.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I like patches and buttons and stuff, but I'm not into studs, mohawks, and combat boots or stuff like that.

Edit: I wear regular jeans, a T-shirt which is sometimes a band shirt and sometimes not, and my sweatshirt that has Mischief Brew stenciled on the back, a Queers patch, and a few pins.

Jack my swag
Last edited by gopherthegreat at Jan 14, 2009,
I wear sweatpants and baggy concert tees most of the time. I'm super punx.
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
Most punk kids just dress in regular clothes.

And I'm with Bostonlacross and element, flannel/plaid FTW!
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
I wear jeans and band shirts, and in the summer, I like to wear a hoodie or jacket.

I would like to get a leather jacket, because those are badass and I would look like one of the Ramones, but I live in ****ing Texas and it would only be wearable for 3 months of the year.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
I wear docs, (mostly) black trousers and a band shirt, furthermore I have long hair (nobody cut it for some years now)........so you can think whatever you want about that.......I could be a hippie or a punk or a grunge lover or a hobo........during the winter I always wear a wolly hat, a brown woll coat and black fingerless gloves.........
I´m just not a button fetishist, since they always get lost, so they´re a waste of money. I just have a patch on my guitar strap.

The punk image here is a bit different to the USA or elsewhere I think since the stereotype is a pink-green-red mohawk, a leather jacket, boots and a can of cheap beer.
Yes. Unless you just really like looking like that, go for it. I kind of understand the 'but I like a band so I want to advertise them!' argument that so many make for justifying their band merchandise purchases. However, if you like the band so much, why not just spend your money on buying their records?

/me is a secret member of Fugazi
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
Everyone always tries to look a certain way...

What I meant was its rediculous when some people dont want to wear a certain thing, say a tshirt, because they dont want people to think theyre not punk. Like they want to keep up the image because they really care about what others think. I know because I used to be that way back in middle school when I first got into punk. I dont know where I got the idea but I payed special attention to what I wore for that reason. I got obsessed with it. Thats a terrible way to think and live.
I wear skinny jeans with patches on them, sweat-free chuck taylors knockoffs, a hat with an Amebix patch on it, and I have a sweatshirt that has patches, studs, and buttons on it.

I used to not look like a punk at all, but to be honest, I found out that dressing like this makes the rednecks and evangelical christians that I go to school with angry for some reason - and pissing them of is really the only reason I enjoy school
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Rizzo reminded me of one of the pros of my punk jackets....Im in the south and its kind of funny to see rednecks giving me strange looks. Suprisingly no one has ever said an insult or anything derogatory within earshot yet.
You know what's odd? I dress pretty nicely (as stated, blazers, collard shirts, skinny (not skin tight) jeans, dress shoes, etc.) and I still get called out. I was walking to class the other day and passed by these two "gangsta-esque" kids and heard one of them say "Dood, look how tight his pants are, he MUST be gay!!" It tickles me hearing people like that
DOWN&OUT
I look like a pretty stereotypical punk. Skin tight jeans, bullet belt, band t-shirts with the sleeves cut off them, studded leather jacket, multiple vests covered in cone studs and patches, and my hair is usually dyed an unnatural color. Also, almost everything I own has leopard or zebra print on it somehwere, I looooove animal print. I don't wear combat boots though. It's just what I like wearing.

Quote by Jett Diamond
You know what's odd? I dress pretty nicely (as stated, blazers, collard shirts, skinny (not skin tight) jeans, dress shoes, etc.) and I still get called out. I was walking to class the other day and passed by these two "gangsta-esque" kids and heard one of them say "Dood, look how tight his pants are, he MUST be gay!!" It tickles me hearing people like that

Haha, I get the same thing

I wear skinny jeans, sweaters, occasionally band shirts, occasionally sweat shirts, blue vans slip-ons, and sometimes a scarf. Last year I was more into to looking like a stereotypical punk and wearing leather jackets and jackets with patches all over them. I think that look is cool and all, I'm just not into it anymore. Also as Jett said, it just looks to masculine and doesn't fit me well.

But yeah, you wouldn't be able to tell I was into punk unless I was wearing a band shirt and you knew the band.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by RiotRiotUpstart
I look like a pretty stereotypical punk. Skin tight jeans, bullet belt, band t-shirts with the sleeves cut off them, studded leather jacket, multiple vests covered in cone studs and patches, and my hair is usually dyed an unnatural color. Also, almost everything I own has leopard or zebra print on it somehwere, I looooove animal print. I don't wear combat boots though. It's just what I like wearing.

That's what I used to tell people when they asked why I dyed my hair, and no one ever believed me! Funky colored hair is the only part of my p0nx look I miss, but honestly I'd just feel a bit silly rocking it now.

And am I the only one who's surprised this thread is going as well as it has? Usually something like this goes Down in Flames (LOLOLOLOLGETIT????DEADBOIZP0NX)
DOWN&OUT
I am not liking that.

There is no dress-code for punk.

You can pretty much wear whatever you want, or go naked.

For example, I just wear tee shirts, jeans, sneakers, and a hat.

Just wear whatever you like wearing. THAT is punk.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
I've never thought the punk look was particularly masculine...Maybe I'm just too used to getting called a fag by passing cars. People never yell "You manly ****er!" at me.

Quote by RiotRiotUpstart
I've never thought the punk look was particularly masculine...Maybe I'm just too used to getting called a fag by passing cars. People never yell "You manly ****er!" at me.

The leather and denim jackets and the whole stud and spike look is pretty masculine.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Yeah I mean, rednecks 'll call anyone without a handlebar mustache (irony???) and a beer belly a fag, but to me, the whole leather jacket, spikes look is tough. After p0nx it makes me think of bikers, and bikers fuck shit up yo! I mean, if I were gonna pick someone random to fuck with on the street, I'd pick the guy wearing nice clothes or an "emo" or nerd get up or something before I called out a random dirty looking punk kid (not that you are, just saying).

p0nx kill bitches. Fact
DOWN&OUT
Last edited by Jett Diamond at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by Jett Diamond

Yeah, no one in my band dresses punk but we still get called out at Burger King. >:/
Quote by RiotRiotUpstart

but then people see you walk into your classes at college and then they all know you're unp0nx.
Quote by RiotRiotUpstart
A random dirty looking punk? Why Jett, how you flatter me
Only the best for my fellow chinchilla p0nx

Quote by neidnarb11890
Yeah, no one in my band dresses punk but we still get called out at Burger King. >:/
haha
DOWN&OUT
I kinda look like like a cross between a lumberjack and a hipster =/.
And I'm okay with that, cause not looking punx is more punx. /sarcasm

Anyways, I have extreme jealousy for how Jett dresses, because that's the style I wanna start getting into, but I have no idea where to get good ****.
Last edited by original=punk at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by Jett Diamond
That's what I used to tell people when they asked why I dyed my hair, and no one ever believed me! Funky colored hair is the only part of my p0nx look I miss, but honestly I'd just feel a bit silly rocking it now.

Haha, never! I literally wear pretty much blank clothing and jeans everyday. But I lurv colored hair. Last year I went crazy and did purple, mary jane red, etc. It was more highlighted so it was respectable but ... I think I might dye my hair again very soon.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
Quote by StreetLight3989
The leather and denim jackets and the whole stud and spike look is pretty masculine.

It really depends. For instance, I don't look masculine at all - and I'm pretty sure that most people think I'm a "faggot".
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by RizzoWashburn
It really depends. For instance, I don't look masculine at all - and I'm pretty sure that most people think I'm a "faggot".

Rob Halford, while not a punk, but still an avid fan of leather and spikes, is a bonafide homosexual. And I'm pretty sure he could beat the living **** out of me.
Quote by CowsWithGuns

Zack Rizzo, while pretty p0nx, and also an avid fan of denim, studs, and patches, is a bonafide heterosexual. And I'm pretty sure he's a skinny bitch.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by waterproofpie
Rob Halford, while not a punk, but still an avid fan of leather and spikes, is a bonafide homosexual. And I'm pretty sure he could beat the living **** out of me.

I'm not sure about that, he is a weak-chinned bloke. And you're probably in better shape, because the guy is at least 50.