this isnt a software problem, or a hardware malfunction. this is a theory question.

currently there is white **** falling from the sky here in ohio. and there is an open cased computer laying in the bed of my truck. basically the only thing thats in it is a mother board and a processor and a heat sink. the heat sinks off of it though. the cd drives are gone, there is not a hard drive, power supply is gone.

so its been in the bed of the truck since sunday and its been snowing on and off until today and its been coming down pretty steady for the last 4 hours. and the trucks got a good 4 inches on it.

so how well do you think that computer will work when i get it out and let it dry off?
Quote by fallenangel20

And thanks MotleyCrueSATD, that was pretty awesome.

Quote by hemi-san
the truth he speaks well, harken unto his word.
It would probably work just fine. Most thing do when you put water on them/in them when they aren't turned on.
not very well
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Ya as long as it doesnt rust the connections, and you sure it is completely dry before you put power in it, i think it will do fine. I know you can make an aquarium computer by submerging all your components in mineral oil (which is non-conductive).
It'll probably work fine for a couple of months, then just when you forget that it might be broken it'll stop.
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Quote by Guitarpilot
Ya as long as it doesnt rust the connections, and you sure it is completely dry before you put power in it, i think it will do fine. I know you can make an aquarium computer by submerging all your components in mineral oil (which is non-conductive).

Hmm, i might try the aquarium idea

*house explodes*
probably not well, if at all. Like freedom said, the components are going to expand and contract with the temperature change and they're likely not supposed to be exposed to extreme cold for very long periods of time. Also, the water in snow and rain isn't exactly clean. It pulls things out of the air as it falls and when it dries off your computer it's gonna leave some of the stuff behind. Definitely give it a good cleaning with compressed air before you turn it on.
The setup:
Fender MIM Fat Strat (midnight wine)
Fender Blues DeVille 410
Digitech GNX3 Multi-effect
Fender CD140SCE Acoustic-Electric
None, when you turn on your computer you will get the blue screen and istead of some stupid message, it will just be in big white letters "FAIL!"
Pink Floyd is Teh Best

Xbox Gamertag = Nick Schro

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high
Quote by pr0pedestrian
probably not well, if at all. Like freedom said, the components are going to expand and contract with the temperature change and they're likely not supposed to be exposed to extreme cold for very long periods of time. Also, the water in snow and rain isn't exactly clean. It pulls things out of the air as it falls and when it dries off your computer it's gonna leave some of the stuff behind. Definitely give it a good cleaning with compressed air before you turn it on.

Computers do just fine in the cold. It's rusting and not being dry properly you wanna worry about
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy