Hey-lo.
I just finally started recording some of my stuff onto my laptop using my Les Paul 100 and Digitech RP500. But my problem is that when I'm playing with my pick you can hear it tapping the strings when i play it back and making a annoying ticking sound.
Anybody got any ideas how to fix this or is it just one of those problems that you can't get around?
You can't really avoid this much, I think, but I'm sure people here have more experience than I do - it probably depends on what kind of pick you use - I use dunlop tortex picks or similar "coated" picks, and they typically don't have this problem as bad, except for maybe when they're really worn down and ready to be thrown away.
coated eh ... so i guess that would make it softer, right? makes sense. I'll look around and see what i can find.
stiffer pick?
dont be a picky pants?
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Quote by nowa90
dont be a picky pants?

XD
I know, I am. :P
EDIT: I usually use my 0.73. Any other ideas for thicknesses i should try?
Last edited by guy07 at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by guy07
XD
I know, I am. :P
EDIT: I usually use my 0.73. Any other ideas for thicknesses i should try?
that joke is off animal crossing when you deny the person xD
try 1mm or even 2mm
maybe .88,who knows
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Kewl, I'll give it a shot. Try some of the options and see how it goes. If it flops, expect to see me again. :
or you could just crank the amp until you stop hearing the pick strucking the strings.
You could always eq the frequency out. Use an eq frequency analyzer and when you hear the pick look for any frequencies that spike then cut them with a narrow band eq.
Just try cutting around 3-10 k realllyy narrowly and keep trying til you find it if you don't have an analyzer.
To tell you the truth mate without actually hearing the recording i actually like to hear those like guitar nuances in recordings, makes music feel a bit more real to me and less mechanical like the studio can produce sometimes, squeezing the life out of parts with effect and compression.

Might be just me but
Goodluck with your recordings
Todd
I hate when that happens. I don't know what kind of pick you're using, but a thicker pick might work better.