Hi, i just got back home from USA were i spent 2 weeks in New Jersey and New York.
While in New Jersey i visited a GC store and i went in and tried some Epiphones, Fenders and some guitars named laguna, as i was looking to upgrade my cheap J&D SG.

Then i spotted this white Schecter, a Shecter Hellraiser C1 FR Diamond Series that i fell i love with, it played great and it looked great, and when i got some help from the staff it shows that the guitar was on sale, it was listed for $1150 but i got it for about $640 and with a softcase.

Now i got it here at home in Sweden (Tricked the customs and didnt have to pay tax for it ) but there is a small problem... i only got a Marshall MG15CDR and i just want to burn that piece of **** amp up and get a new one asap.

So here is what im looking for:

Home amp!
An amp that can do great cleans but still get that medium/high gain sound without sounding crap.
Plays great with pedals.
Not needed to have a build in gain setting, but suggesting a good distortion pedal to go with it.
Price range: $500 , €380 , £340, 4 000SEK , (Max)

Edit:

I play everything from Led Zeppelin to Metal.

Max.
Last edited by Zapher at Jan 14, 2009,
Assuming you can get them over there, I would consider a B-52 at series for sure. You could also probably get a tube-based Randall of some kind for that price. I guess maybe a Bugera, though I'm not too sure about how well made they are despite the fact problem reports have quieted down a bit for now.
I suppose you could try the Peavey Valveking series, Vox AD series or Laney VC30.
Quote by CJRocker
Assuming you can get them over there, I would consider a B-52 at series for sure. You could also probably get a tube-based Randall of some kind for that price. I guess maybe a Bugera, though I'm not too sure about how well made they are despite the fact problem reports have quieted down a bit for now.

I've never seen a B 52 in any guitar shop I've been in and they aren't on any European websites.
Quote by Mwoit
I've never seen a B 52 in any guitar shop I've been in and they aren't on any European websites.

Could not find any B-52's at Thoman.de or the other EU websites either.

Cube 60 seems like a decent amp, but does it destroy the tone of the guitar alot as it is a modelling amp?
Grattis till ett bra köp av gitarr. Kolla på Vendolin.se efter begagnade stärkare så kan du säkert hitta något bra.

Fender Blues JR eller Peavey Classic 30 är bra alternativ tycker jag själv om du kör med en distpedal till. Du kan även kolla efter Laney LC30 eller Orange Tiny Terror men tror det blir lite dyrare med TT.

Dock kan det vara bra att veta att dessa låter en del då det är rör
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
For home use, assumiung your not doing any gigs, Line 6 offer some good things. The spider series are terrible IMO but they have released a new amp. I'm not sure of it's name but it wouldn't be hard to find at all seeing as it's new and fairly unique. It has some great distortions and a really nice clean channel. The iceing on top of the cake is that it has backing tracks built into it and they range from country to metal. It was £269 from my local store brand new.
If you want something to gig with then the Peavey Valveking would be great to buy seeing that, for its price, it has great tone and lots of versatility.
If you're into marshall, the DSL401 has been mentioned, but I'd suggest (if you can get them for the price us brits can) a Laney amp would be great, an LC or VC 30 should come in that price range and they're great.
Valveking is 411 euro at Thomann so a tad OTT. Kustom Defender is 399 for a 50w 1x12 combo.
Randall RG50 at 495 for B stock is not great value. You might do better with a used combo (of good make) from someone stepping up to a half or full stack.

Personally, I love my old Fender Yale but no-one likes SS these days.
Im only gonna use this amp at home for practicing, as we get to play on hughes-and-kettner halfstacks when gigging in the local areas when you are in a band.

I might head to the local musicstore to test out both a Valveking and a Cube, also saw that they had a Marshall Valvestate 40 8040 for about €120 (Used), but with the bad experience i had with the MG's i dont know if i can trust another Marshall.

Cube seems fun as it got some effects to play around with.