hi all me and my brother are thinking about building a guitar scratch

if we started off with a basic body what would we need to add so it works adn roughly how much would it cost

sorry if this seems a bit thick but we are complete novices to this

thankyou
Personally I'd say to take a normal guitar and take it apart,
the basic parts you need should be

Pickups (obviously)
Volume Pot / Knob
Tone Pot / Knob
Toggle / 3-5 way switch ( depending on what pickup configuration you're going for)
a ground wire
other connective wiring.

any pickup you buy should have instructions on installation, just look around and do some research online before you do anything potentially expensive and wasteful.
Can someone give me a general idea on how to take advantage of the coil splitting ability of my new Seymour Duncan SH-6, I just got it today and have'nt started my wiring project yet. Oh by the way my Beast only has one volume knob and that's it so I have a push pull 500k pot on order! .....Thanks in advance!
Quote by Tanker Yanker
Can someone give me a general idea on how to take advantage of the coil splitting ability of my new Seymour Duncan SH-6, I just got it today and have'nt started my wiring project yet. Oh by the way my Beast only has one volume knob and that's it so I have a push pull 500k pot on order! .....Thanks in advance!

Make your own thread and don't try to hijack this one!^

Anyways, TS, you can buy prewired Strat pickguards online if you are completely new to it.
www.guitarfetish.com
www.stewmac.com
Or if you wanna do it yourself get hold of a wiring diagram before you start