hi all... i just got my new amp home, a fender blues deluxe, and it got two sockets on the top which says "power amp in/Preamp out, and in the manual it says that this is an effects loop... what is that, and how do i use it...? should i plug my wah in there or what?
you can use it to connect effect pedals. some effects sound better when run through an effects loop while others, like your wah, sound better in front of the amp. (between your guitar and amp)
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
preamp out > wah > power amp in.

You can run your wah in front of the amp as well.

The effects loop is basically put in there to use effects without distorting them, as anything you run in front of the amp will be effected by your preamp distortion. Most people use chorus and other modulation effects in the loop, but you don't have to.
it's best to put any time-based effects in the effects loop, it keeps them in better time
you are what you is
so what do you guys think sound best? wah directly in to amp or through the loop?
btw thanks for replys! ^^
Quote by miniknielsen
so what do you guys think sound best? wah directly in to amp or through the loop?
btw thanks for replys! ^^

in front
you are what you is