Hey guys I've been looking through all the threads and have gathered some good info but I would like some specific advice.

I got a v33 212 for xmas and really like it but find it a bit muddy and frick it's LOUD. I would like to tighten the sound up a bit and was wondering what pedals I should get. I keep seeing that an eq will help but if I want to get a more metal sound should I get a distortion pedal or an OD like a bad monkey with the eq?

I play an Ibanez 540p and an LP knock off, style of music is mostly punk covers a la Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, some 80's metal, and Metallica etc..

Thanks
i have the V50 and use with a JH-1 and Deathmetal, both sound good. for what you are going for, maybe try the bad moneky, or grunge - both should allow you to tighten up the sound

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
i got a v18 a while back and i have heard ppl havin success with eq pedals to get the muddiness under control but I googled it and found out u can swap some resistors to fix the problem. on the v18 its r4/r10 and off the top of my head i cant remember what those correspond do on the v33
yeah, an EQ will always help you shape your tone and get it where you want

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
I put a private jack in my v18, it sounds better now. not so muddy, I think.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
overdrive pedal and new speaks.

Best thing evar.

Also: Get a Rat
Try throwing your eq on the amp a little somethin' like this...

Treble: 7
Mids: 8
Bass: 5

The V series amps are a bit bassy to me, and when you use a lot of it, it tends to get pretty muddy/flabby.

Throwing in an EQ will also definately help. As far as OD's go I'd say get a Boosta Grande from BBE. True bypass and pretty cheap. Did wonders for my sound.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--