I have a blackheart half stack and am planning to buy a tiny terror and use them both on stage. I'm wondering if I can run both amps into one blackheart's 1x12 cab (so that I only have to use one mic) & how I switch between the 2 tones in live performance. the cab has 2 parallel inputs

All of your ideas are appreciated & thnx in advance!
Last edited by Duncan_amateur at Jan 14, 2009,
AFAIK this is hard to achieve with a single speaker.

you could use a 212 in stereo and put each head through one speaker
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
AFAIK this is hard to achieve with a single speaker.

you could use a 212 in stereo and put each head through one speaker

Agreed, a 212 would be easier and actually possible, a 112 I think isn't.

Then again you could shell out for another 112 cab and use an A/B/Y pedal, this way is better too be honest.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
a direct box maybe??... runt your guitar into a direct box, and connect it to both amps... make sure oyu can switch by foot... however connect both heads to the cab. that's it i guess=)
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by Serjem
a direct box maybe??... runt your guitar into a direct box, and connect it to both amps... make sure oyu can switch by foot... however connect both heads to the cab. that's it i guess=)

thats the hard part =/

connecting another amp plays havoc with impedances and as a result, things can get cooked
The noobs here will likely not have a clue how to achieve this, evidenced by the answers so far.

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
thats the hard part =/

connecting another amp plays havoc with impedances and as a result, things can get cooked

Do you just make up stuff as you go?

Can it be done? YES. I use 4 heads (one at a time) through the same cab via a Custom Audio Electronics Amp Selector

Custom Audio Electronics Amp Selector

There are several considerations when doing this, which may proving to be cost prohibitive for you. Such as:

Are you going to be using each amp individually or in tandem?
Are you going to be using effects?
Are the effects needed to be shared between BOTH amps?
Last edited by zachman5150 at Jan 14, 2009,
my answers are: 1/individually 2/yes 3/no

the CAE amp selector must be the best choice but its killing price really is a problem to me ^^'
Quote by Duncan_amateur
my answers are: 1/individually 2/yes 3/no

the CAE amp selector must be the best choice but its killing price really is a problem to me ^^'

The CORRECT answer is 1 yes, 2 yes, 3 yes, 4 yes

Unfortunately it isn't cheap.

There are also the Radial Headbone or the Lehle switcher, BUT the limits to them will be apparent when having the single cabinet and utilizing effects with each amp equation comes into play, and that's where the "It's a pay to play game" reality becomes the spoiler.
Quote by zachman5150
The noobs here will likely not have a clue how to achieve this, evidenced by the answers so far.

Do you just make up stuff as you go?

Can it be done? YES. I use 4 heads (one at a time) through the same cab via a Custom Audio Electronics Amp Selector

Custom Audio Electronics Amp Selector

There are several considerations when doing this, which may proving to be cost prohibitive for you. Such as:

Are you going to be using each amp individually or in tandem?
Are you going to be using effects?
Are the effects needed to be shared between BOTH amps?

bearing in mind TS has a blackheart, is looking at a tiny terror and cant afford anything other than a single 1x12, why do you think he will shell out on a $1500 amp switching gadget?

ok, i admit i dont copy pointless walls of text to make myself seem clever but at least i post practical answers

EDIT: >_< i though TS wanted to run both amps through the same speaker at the same time

my point remains though
Last edited by stevo_epi_SG_wo at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
bearing in mind TS has a blackheart, is looking at a tiny terror and cant afford anything other than a single 1x12, why do you think he will shell out on a $1500 amp switching gadget?

ok, i admit i dont copy pointless walls of text to make myself seem clever but at least i post practical answers

EDIT: >_< i though TS wanted to run both amps through the same speaker at the same time

my point remains though

Quote by Duncan_amateur
I have a blackheart half stack and am planning to buy a tiny terror and use them both on stage. I'm wondering if I can run both amps into one blackheart's 1x12 cab (so that I only have to use one mic) & how I switch between the 2 tones in live performance. the cab has 2 parallel inputs

All of your ideas are appreciated & thnx in advance!

The question I answered was the one above, which I highlighted for you, since you seem to have a hard time focusing on the relevant points.

The answer was and still is yes, and I provided a few examples, along with a few points worthy of consideration. What is your malfunction?

BTW, I wouldn't and clearly didn't make the assumption that you are making re: his budget. I was just answering the question.

The fact that you were not able to comprehend the context of the post I copy pasted, speaks more about your inability to "get it" than it does about mine.
Quote by zachman5150
The question I answered was the one above, which I highlighted for you.

he added "so i only have to use one mic" after i'd posted, it looked like he wanted to use them simultaneously

Quote by zachman5150
BTW, I wouldn't make the assumption that you are making re: his budget.

why not? some of us have budgets

Quote by zachman5150
What is your malfunction?

your face

Quote by zachman5150
The fact that you were not able to comprehend the context of the post I copy pasted, speaks more about your inability to "get it" than it does about mine.

as i said, the question was a tad ambiguous when i answered it, i'm well aware you can get amp selectors with loads for un-used heads
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
he added "so i only have to use one mic" after i'd posted, it looked like he wanted to use them simultaneously

why not? some of us have budgets

Because NO budget was stipulated, genius.

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
your face

Up your dosage, jr

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
as i said, the question was a tad ambiguous when i answered it, i'm well aware you can get amp selectors with loads for un-used heads

The question I answered was what it was... I answered it as it was written.

Since the answers are ONLY important IF one asks the right question, it seems that IF I want a relevant answer, that it's up to me to make sure I specifically ask the question I want an answer to. Make sense to you now?
Quote by zachman5150
Because NO budget was stipulated, genius.

you reccomended a $1500 amp switcher for 2 $300 heads which is just silly

dont worry, i'm sure you will have a discussion which wont turn into an argument one day, then its only a short hop to real friends
Both of you shut up or I'll report you. You're not helping anyone.

The question was ambigious, I also thought he wanted to run them both through the one speaker. And I agree that, I doubt he's going to spend 1500 on a amp switcher when that could buy him an amp that does the things he wants.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
you reccomended a $1500 amp switcher for 2 $300 heads which is just silly

dont worry, i'm sure you will have a discussion which wont turn into an argument one day, then its only a short hop to real friends

I am not arguing.... I was explaining to you, out of courtesy, something which you clearly still don't understand.

EDIT: I wasn't recommending the CAE per se'-- rather was showing a product which in fact, does allow the TS to do what he was inquiring about.

I, for the record, DO use the CAE Amp Selector and highly recommend it for EXACTLY the function the TS was inquiring about.

I have those amps too, along with a warehouse of others, and it wouldn't be prudent for you to assume I don't have other amps or resources just because I didn't list all my gear, so... food for thought.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Hey guys....take it to PM.

Zach - Stevo is pretty well thought of around here.

let the TS bump if he has a question

Surprising...

Okay, IF Stevo needs any questions answered, he can feel free to PM me
Quote by jambi_mantra
Both of you shut up or I'll report you. You're not helping anyone.

The question was ambigious, I also thought he wanted to run them both through the one speaker. And I agree that, I doubt he's going to spend 1500 on a amp switcher when that could buy him an amp that does the things he wants.

Sorry dude, if you don't like the fact that the solution is pricey. I answered the question, which seemed clear to me, so I thought that my answer was helpful-even if only for informative purposes. Knowledge is power.
okay guys, sorry if my question was ambiguous. I'm a non-English native speaker :P

@stevo_epi_SG_wo: I've read about load & impedance so yeah, head being cooked was what makes me nervous

@zachman5150: I totally understand you were just showing me the possibility of my 2head-1cab rig but I need a real solution ^^ I'm looking for some tone varieties & convenience in live situation, not a tone factory like yours lolz

hm.....sounds like the best choice is to get one more mic & cab
Quote by Duncan_amateur
okay guys, sorry if my question was ambiguous. I'm a non-English native speaker :P

@stevo_epi_SG_wo: I've read about load & impedance so yeah, head being cooked was what makes me nervous

@zachman5150: I totally understand you were just showing me the possibility of my 2head-1cab rig but I need a real solution ^^ I'm looking for some tone varieties & convenience in live situation, not a tone factory like yours lolz

hm.....sounds like the best choice is to get one more mic & cab

As I said before, this will do up to 2 amps, BUT IF you plan on using effects through BOTH amps, you'll run into some headaches.

FWIW, another mic and cab, won't address you switching between both amps, in a live situation. It just means live-- you'll have 2 separate rigs.
Last edited by zachman5150 at Jan 15, 2009,
Quote by zachman5150

As I said before, this will do up to 2 amps, BUT IF you plan on using effects through BOTH amps, you'll run into some headaches.

FWIW, another mic and cab, won't address you switching between both amps, in a live situation. It just means live-- you'll have 2 separate rigs.

I was thinking of the Tonebone as I saw this in a magazine once. It's a much better price!

As for effects - depends what you are using, won't it? Couldn't you just put your time based effects between Tonebone and the cab - or have I missed something?
Quote by Roast Beef
I was thinking of the Tonebone as I saw this in a magazine once. It's a much better price!

As for effects - depends what you are using, won't it? Couldn't you just put your time based effects between Tonebone and the cab - or have I missed something?

YES, You missed a HUGE thing... IF you put line level effects between your head and cab, the load level signal will blow up your effects and your amp.
Quote by zachman5150
YES, You missed a HUGE thing... IF you put line level effects between your head and cab, the load level signal will blow up your effects and your amp.

Yea, that's a huge no. I've seen people **** up brand new effects that way. By the way TS, you might want to check out amptone, they might have something on the subject or might not, there's too much stuff on there for me to go check right now. But the Tonebone is probably your best bet.
EDIT: You guys should probably listen to zachman, he definitely knows what he's talking about, much better than I do.
Last edited by mmolteratx at Jan 15, 2009,
Quote by huevos
Why not get a 4X12?
Most have two inputs.

Problem solved and you now have the tone of a 412

AND, for sure it can handle both. Even at the same time

So, how would he then switch between heads and use his effects w/ each head, by adding a 4x12?
Quote by BeerChurch
A/B box after the FX chain.

Very good, just making sure people were thinking. Just beware of ground loops, phase issues, and hope that the effects are all effects that are maximized going into the front of the amps, because likely you know-- not all effects want to be there--but I digress.

Oh ya, to the TS, make sure it's a "Stereo" cabinet NOT just a cab w/ 2 jacks, if you go that route.
Quote by zachman5150

Jeeze that's exactly right. I'm not thinking straight today.