I wanting to use this for practice/light stuido use, I will also be using it as an inerface. Is the quaitly pretty good, or would the Pod 2.0 be better?
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
if you've got the budget get the 2.0
I'LL ALWAYS NEED THIS
I'LL ALWAYS NEED YOU
Well I found a used 2.0 in good condition for a far price, I will give an indepth reveiw once I get it, hopfully it will do what I want.
Quote by Cachao

My Gear
Guild DV6
Pod 2.0 but is much better and has much more variaty, my dad has a pocket pod and i have a pod 2.0, although the tuner on the pocket pod is alot better.

UG Mods really have no sense of humour.....

The only relevant difference between the two is that the Pod 2.0 passes audio through USB, whereas the Pocket Pod doesn't.
^ The POD 2.0 doesn' t have a USB conection, and from my research the 2.0 is a superior product when it comes to sound quailty, plus the whole battery powered thing put me off a bit. Not to mention I found a used 2.0 cheaper than the pocket pod, and is in like new condition. I have used the 2.0 before and liked it, hopfully I can dail in some good Stuido tones, but really Im mostly buying it for practice, but hoping it will be good stuido tool as well.
Quote by Cachao

My Gear
Guild DV6
Quote by Johnbryant
^ The POD 2.0 doesn' t have a USB conection, and from my research the 2.0 is a superior product when it comes to sound quailty, plus the whole battery powered thing put me off a bit. Not to mention I found a used 2.0 cheaper than the pocket pod, and is in like new condition. I have used the 2.0 before and liked it, hopfully I can dail in some good Stuido tones, but really Im mostly buying it for practice, but hoping it will be good stuido tool as well.

Right, I must have been thinking of the xt...

If it sounds better to you, go for it.

The Pocket Pod can also be powered using an adapter.
Quote by Johnbryant

The Pocket POD is a POD 2.0 in a smaller case with fewer controls, they sound the same.

I've never had batteries in my PP since I bought it, it takes any guitar pedal power adaptor.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2