Hello ^^
Just a few Qs about what youd recommend.
Im in a band that plays deathmetal/core (( -.- )) stuff and start to need get my own gear for playing live.
My guitar is a Schecter Damien6FR
But im still wondering about what head/cab to get. So far the line6 spider3 150watt head and the cab to match seems alright. But with a budget of around 600-750GBP im not sure if theres anything better for money - when i get enough ill try for an engl invader, cos theyre ****ing nice .

And also just stuff about cancelling feedback... like wireless leads or pedals?

Any help appreciated ^^
Quote by shuggy
Hello ^^
Im in a band that plays deathmetal/core (( -.- )) stuff and start to need get my own gear for playing live.
But im still wondering about what head/cab to get. So far the line6 spider3 150watt head and the cab to match seems alright. But with a budget of around 600-750GBP im not sure if theres anything better for money - when i get enough ill try for an engl invader, cos theyre ****ing nice .

Any help appreciated ^^

Buy a noise gate. More specifically, buy an ISP Decimator - expensive but damn worth it.

And wireless leads and pedals don't reduce feedback, they can potentially increase it as well as signal noise/interference if they aren't particularly good units; feedback is when the guitar starts resonating at a particular frequency and that is sent to the amp, and then the output induces a stronger resonance of that frequency creating a loop that keeps on 'feeding back' to itself and thus sustaining itself. Something like that anyway

P.S That amp is dreadful, in all honesty - for gigging anyway; you can get away with Spiders as practice amps, but then you wouldn't need 150watts or it to be in half-stack form.

Maybe look into a Peavey ValveKing, or a used Marshall DSL401?
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Last edited by DisarmGoliath at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by shuggy
Hello ^^

Any help appreciated ^^

The Spider is an appalling choice for any gigging guitarist.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/gh-50l-with-el34s/374
http://www.thomann.de/gb/framus_fr212_cb.htm
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com