Alright lets test the pits Automotive knowledge!

I just bought this old beater,
Its a 1993 Nissan Sentra 4-Cylinder, 1.6 liter.

So I'm driving along and hit a big bump, a few minutes later i start to smell gas, then the car dies, won't start up. So i get out look underneath and some idiot had replaced a section of the steel fuel line with what looks like a tube from a beer bong. so i tightened that back on and got some gas and its going fine, as long as i don't hit another bump to dislodge it again.

Do any of you guys know anything about how to fix this?

I got a new section of steel line and connectors from an auto parts store and I'm going to give it a shot later tonight!
LOOK AT MY SIG!!!!
Buy the Haynes tech manual for your car. It'll walk you through it step by step. My mom's got a 94 Sentra, but I've never done anything on it besides change the oil, so the only thing i can tell you is get the manual.
Quote by Xpresspeace
Alright lets test the pits Automotive knowledge!

I just bought this old beater,
Its a 1993 Nissan Sentra 4-Cylinder, 1.6 liter.

So I'm driving along and hit a big bump, a few minutes later i start to smell gas, then the car dies, won't start up. So i get out look underneath and some idiot had replaced a section of the steel fuel line with what looks like a tube from a beer bong. so i tightened that back on and got some gas and its going fine, as long as i don't hit another bump to dislodge it again.

Do any of you guys know anything about how to fix this?

I got a new section of steel line and connectors from an auto parts store and I'm going to give it a shot later tonight!

With a hose from a beer bong.

It's not a fun job dude. Get a good look at the fuel line routing before you remove it.
Be careful not to break the fitting at the fuel tank. They are torqued down pretty tight. Don't envy you and understand why the hick fix was put in place.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Ask an automotive forum before you do anything stupid.

Sounds like an arse of a job to me