Well I have a problem with my mic. If you see in my recordings the acoustic covers I did, I used the same mic that I'm suddenly having problems with. Now I know I should just buy myself a better mic specifically for recording but I wanna figure out the problem is.

If you go into my recordings I uploaded a file "mic test" and after the 5 second you see that the sound is being distorted. Again, I've never had any problems with this cheap mic.

I use Audacity and I tested the mic in the Sound Recorder but no luck. I don't know if it's the mic or my onboard audio. Any help?
That is some funky stuff......I'd say that it is your "onboard audio", Not the mic, possibly the software.....

What is the mic, and what is your recording setup?
Quote by Falcor Klaatu
That is some funky stuff......I'd say that it is your "onboard audio", Not the mic, possibly the software.....

What is the mic, and what is your recording setup?

Let me just say I have no professional stuff. It's just a headset through the line-in input on the front panel of the pc. I use Realtek HD Audio for the input. I've been looking for driver updates but there is nothing on the Realtek website or the motherboard's website.
I have never used Audacity, but check out all the input/output settings, it's possible that what you recorded is somehow getting doubled somewhere.

Maybe try soloing the channel with the audio on it.

This is a tough one, not to sure.

Make sure there are not any effects turned on, also.

The sound is Flange, it is the duplication and delay of your original audio source.

Is it happening while you record or just during playback??
Last edited by Falcor Klaatu at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by Falcor Klaatu
I have never used Audacity, but check out all the input/output settings, it's possible that what you recorded is somehow getting doubled somewhere.

Maybe try soloing the channel with the audio on it.

This is a tough one, not to sure.

Make sure there are not any effects turned on, also.

The sound is Flange, it is the duplication and delay of your original audio source.

Is it happening while you record or just during playback??

I believe during playback and probably during recording since the sound spectrum seems to diminish in the software.

It can't be the mic since I just tried it on another pc in my house and it sounded fine.

Edit: Note to self, do not use noise suppression. I solved the problem It was a setting in the audio control panel that I left on.
Last edited by metaldud536 at Jan 14, 2009,