Just got my new guitar in the mail literally 20 minutes ago. I try and play it and it sounds great, however, i'm getting a weird sound, it seems like other strings are vibrating even when im not playing them or even touching them. Its almost like a reverb effect...

Ill get a sound sample up asap.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Are the stickers still on the pickups?
Gibson 1972 SG Pro T-Top Bridge, P90 Neck
Dean DBD T ML
Jackson JS30RR EMGs 85-81
Epiphone G-400 Goth
76 Mann Les Paul Custom
Fender f-230 Accoustic
Randall RG-180 DX
Line6 Spider III HD75 Head - Behringer 412
Saving for a Marshall JCM 800.
Quote by Rtard_GWARRIOR
Are the stickers still on the pickups?

Not that I know of..It is has covers on...

It seems more like the E and A stings are vibrating even without be played or touched.

Low E, like Eadgbe
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
If it was just in the mail then I'd give it a full set up before I did anything else. Might take care of your problem for you.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Quote by Slanderous666
If it was just in the mail then I'd give it a full set up before I did anything else. Might take care of your problem for you.

Prolly right. It has the Setup by Schecter sticker on the back over the covering, but can't really trust that...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by TunerAddict
Prolly right. It has the Setup by Schecter sticker on the back over the covering, but can't really trust that...

Ya I'd agree, but to be fair I'm sure it was bumped around a fair bit in transit to you even in its box and temperature always plays a role to some degree.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Usualy new guitars have a info sticker about the pickup on the pickup that are sometimes hard to notice, they will peel up and rest agianst the strings, So, That was my guess but aparently not, lol
Gibson 1972 SG Pro T-Top Bridge, P90 Neck
Dean DBD T ML
Jackson JS30RR EMGs 85-81
Epiphone G-400 Goth
76 Mann Les Paul Custom
Fender f-230 Accoustic
Randall RG-180 DX
Line6 Spider III HD75 Head - Behringer 412
Saving for a Marshall JCM 800.
are you positive it's the strings...just for example I hear vibrations from my tele if one of the pins in the saddle arent touching the body...or on my RG if the locking tuners arent tightened all the way...just a thought, def set it up though
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Quote by nemjeff13
are you positive it's the strings...just for example I hear vibrations from my tele if one of the pins in the saddle arent touching the body...or on my RG if the locking tuners arent tightened all the way...just a thought, def set it up though

I'm sure its the strings because after i stop playing, i can mute those strings even though I've never even touched them.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

bump
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by Slanderous666

+1

It will cost you a little $ but should fix your problem completely.