Page 1 of 2
Hey there UG I was just curious if anybody here goes/went to Laurentian University. I was just accepted to start attending next fall (I am currently attending the Georgian Branch) and curious what you think. Any comments?
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Any university is a good one. Squirrel yourself away for as long as possible, come out when the economy isn't doing a premature impression of a suicide case.

Economic hibernation, if you will
Quote by Kumanji
Any university is a good one. Squirrel yourself away for as long as possible, come out when the economy isn't doing a premature impression of a suicide case.

Economic hibernation, if you will

xD I am pretty psyched to go, I just haven't heard that much about the university to be honest. I don't think I know anyone who is going from my old high school unfortunately.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
You're at Goergian atm? in Barrie or elsewhere?

Yup at barrie.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Quote by Shadowenspirit
xD I am pretty psyched to go, I just haven't heard that much about the university to be honest. I don't think I know anyone who is going from my old high school unfortunately.

Aye, I'm going to be a loner at my chosen Uni in Sheffield... What course are you doing?
Quote by Kumanji
Aye, I'm going to be a loner at my chosen Uni in Sheffield... What course are you doing?

Despite my terrible interwebz grammar, I am going for my Bachelor of Arts (majoring in English and minoring in psychology).
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Quote by Shadowenspirit
Despite my terrible interwebz grammar, I am going for my Bachelor of Arts (majoring in English and minoring in psychology).

I say. That's somewhat brain-scrambling I wish thee the best possible luck

(and I suppose using perfect grammar on the internet means I'm a bricklayer? )
Quote by Shadowenspirit
Yup at barrie.

Cool, I almost did the same thing as you, take Laurentian classes through Georgian for a couple years then actually go to Laurentian, but a friend of mine told me he hated it at Georgian and Sudbury didn't seem very appealiing to me even though a bunch of my close friends went there. Barrie FTW though.
Quote by Kumanji
I say. That's somewhat brain-scrambling I wish thee the best possible luck

(and I suppose using perfect grammar on the internet means I'm a bricklayer? )

*laughs* Thank you. I tend to type too fast to pay attention to being perfect; but when it comes down to it English is my baby. I wish you luck too!!
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Cool, I almost did the same thing as you, take Laurentian classes through Georgian for a couple years then actually go to Laurentian, but a friend of mine told me he hated it at Georgian and Sudbury didn't seem very appealiing to me even though a bunch of my close friends went there. Barrie FTW though.

Seriously you made the right choice. Georgian (Barrie) is pretty damn fail I am not going to lie. Do you know what they think of the Sudbury branch?
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Quote by Shadowenspirit
Seriously you made the right choice. Georgian (Barrie) is pretty damn fail I am not going to lie. Do you know what they think of the Sudbury branch?

One told me he liked the lifestyle at Laurentian, that everything is amazing except classes (he's in bio-med )
Also, under your avatar it says "Ottawa" did you end up going to U of Ottawa? If so my very best friend also attends that school.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
One told me he liked the lifestyle at Laurentian, that everything is amazing except classes (he's in bio-med )

*laughs* Then again most people like the social aspect more than classes anyways. :P:
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Last edited by Shadowenspirit at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by Shadowenspirit
Also, under your avatar it says "Ottawa" did you end up going to U of Ottawa? If so my very best friend also attends that school.

Yep, was aiming for a strong bi-lingual university and uOttawa seemed to be it. What program is your friend in? First year?
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Yep, was aiming for a strong bi-lingual university and uOttawa seemed to be it. What program is your friend in? First year?

He was in politics now he is in psychology and yes he is a first year.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
My sister dropped out of Georgian after one semester (embarrassing huh) and although it's cool to hear about other people in Ontario, I don't know much if anything about Laurentian. I got my offer of admission from Carleton, but I'm holding out for Waterloo.
Quote by joemama9119
My sister dropped out of Georgian after one semester (embarrassing huh) and although it's cool to hear about other people in Ontario, I don't know much if anything about Laurentian. I got my offer of admission from Carleton, but I'm holding out for Waterloo.

Nah Georgian blows I don't blame her at all.

Also: My brother went to Waterloo
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
I have tons of friends that go there, being as I live in Sudbury...I might transfer there as well. It's a good school, it attracts students from all over.
Your Signature:
Quote by justinrobbins7
I have tons of friends that go there, being as I live in Sudbury...I might transfer there as well. It's a good school, it attracts students from all over.

Thats awesome! I have been a little iffy over it only because I don't know anybody going... but that is totally sweet!
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
i actually live in sudbury. I never went to Laurentian but many of my friends did and they all enjoyed it there. What program are you taking there?
Origanally Posted by Rocko Mummble:
A menage a trois means a threesome??

I always thought it meant eating with two other people...
Quote by joemama9119

Why would you apply to Carleton ( )? uOttawa campus is situated right downtown...
Quote by Shadowenspirit
Thats awesome! I have been a little iffy over it only because I don't know anybody going... but that is totally sweet!

haha I can see that being a roadblock.

I can say that it's pretty friendly around the school and residence, Sudbury is a good place for having a good time (well, for not being big like say, Toronto...) I'd recommend LU, it's a good choice.

Hell, I'll totally be your town tour guide.
Your Signature:
Quote by justinrobbins7

I can say that it's pretty friendly around the school and residence, Sudbury is a good place for having a good time (well, for not being big like say, Toronto...) I'd recommend LU, it's a good choice.

*laughs* Sweet it would be nice to have at least one acquaintance.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Quote by Smooth_11
i actually live in sudbury. I never went to Laurentian but many of my friends did and they all enjoyed it there. What program are you taking there?

B.A. majoring in English.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Quote by Smooth_11

You live in Sudbury?

I...I thought I was the only one...
Your Signature:
Quote by justinrobbins7

What he said.

I live in Sudbury too and the city is a great place, I know a few people who go to Laurentian and they say they like it, Ive been too Laurentian a few times and the buildings seem quite nice but ive barely seen any of it

And YAY people from sudbury!
Quote by xander307
that wasnt scary daryldom, it turned me on

Proud Canadian Eh?
Quote by daryldom
What he said.

I live in Sudbury too and the city is a great place, I know a few people who go to Laurentian and they say they like it, Ive been too Laurentian a few times and the buildings seem quite nice but ive barely seen any of it

And YAY people from sudbury!

The second quote in your sig is pretty funny.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Quote by justinrobbins7
You live in Sudbury?

I...I thought I was the only one...

Nope, I'm in Sudbury too

And ^ yeah, I love that quote
Quote by xander307
that wasnt scary daryldom, it turned me on

Proud Canadian Eh?
Quote by daryldom
Nope, I'm in Sudbury too

And ^ yeah, I love that quote

Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
I live in Sudbury as well. My cousin went there and I have a cousin going there currently. They say its a really good school. Im sure you'll enjoy it.
Quote by joemama9119

DON'T HOLD OUT FOR WATERLOO.

Unless you're like Math or Engineering. Arts here sucks. I'm in arts. Most boring first year ever. And trust me, I'm out there trying to make it unboring.
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Quote by rock_star77
DON'T HOLD OUT FOR WATERLOO.

Unless you're like Math or Engineering. Arts here sucks. I'm in arts. Most boring first year ever. And trust me, I'm out there trying to make it unboring.

Computer science
I was thinking about Laurentian, because they're 1 of about 5 universities in Canada that offer a degree in Italian (which is what I'm doing). But I live in St. Catharines, which is nowhere near Sudbury... I didn't want to move too far away.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Quote by Hanzi_G
I was thinking about Laurentian, because they're 1 of about 5 universities in Canada that offer a degree in Italian (which is what I'm doing). But I live in St. Catharines, which is nowhere near Sudbury... I didn't want to move too far away.

I think you should come, its only like five or six hours isn't it?
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
It doesn't look like there are any Laurentian students themselves on UG though, fail.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Yeah i've heard good things about Laurentian, kinda out of the way but good academically. And it's good and bad going to a uni where you know literally nobody, im one of 3 people from my graduating class (450) that went to Guelph-Humber, but it's kind of better cuz i actually like the new school experience and meeting everyone and making new friends and such.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Ace88
Yeah i've heard good things about Laurentian, kinda out of the way but good academically. And it's good and bad going to a uni where you know literally nobody, im one of 3 people from my graduating class (450) that went to Guelph-Humber, but it's kind of better cuz i actually like the new school experience and meeting everyone and making new friends and such.

That was like me at Georgian, I think four came from my school but I wasn't really friends with any of the people who went. I didn't know them that well I guess... I always took university bound classes in high school and they took college level so we didn't have many classes together.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Page 1 of 2