Yes, I know, I've made a few threads on amps ... this is my last one, I promise

Anyway, the Epiphone So-Cal 50h ... I have a few questions about this amp in paticular, it grabs my attention. Okay, would this amp be loud enough for a crowd of roughly 400 people to hear the guitar clearly? Is it awesome? XD ... Oh before, I forget, is it nice with pedals?

Thanks in advance to all replies
Quote by SkinnyVampire
Yes, I know, I've made a few threads on amps ... this is my last one, I promise

Anyway, the Epiphone So-Cal 50h ... I have a few questions about this amp in paticular, it grabs my attention. Okay, would this amp be loud enough for a crowd of roughly 400 people to hear the guitar clearly? Is it awesome? XD ... Oh before, I forget, is it nice with pedals?

Thanks in advance to all replies

If you can find one it should be and you can always hook into the PA if you need more volume. The only pain is the fact it is discontinued so you'll have to buy it used or ebay.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Idk about pedals
but it's w tube, so it'll get 400 people easy
I like the tone, but thats just me
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
A Killer ant can be loud enough for a crowd of 400 people.. So yes it should be fine... Unless your playing in the days of yore before pa's were invented..

As for that particular amp, havent played it so cant give you any opinions on how it sounds and takes pedals..
If it has a good clean channel then it usually will take pedals quite well unless it has a parallel effects loop.
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
With a crowd like that, you'll be PA'd for sure. It's the norm nowadays.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by IbanezPsycho
A Killer ant can be loud enough for a crowd of 400 people.. So yes it should be fine... Unless your playing in the days of yore before pa's were invented..

As for that particular amp, havent played it so cant give you any opinions on how it sounds and takes pedals..

yeah. i dont own a PA...

ok ... differant question, is this louder than the marshall mg100hdfx?
Last edited by SkinnyVampire at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by SkinnyVampire
yeah. i dont own a PA...

ok ... differant question, is this louder than the marshall mg100hdfx?

You don't have to any venue will carry their own whether its a bar or a battle of the bands type deal or anything like this. And yes Tube amps are generally 2.5 times louder than SS amps so your amp will sound like 125 SS watts compared to the 100 SS watts on the marshall.

Edit: 125 SS watts volume wise that is, not tone wise.
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Quote by SkinnyVampire
ok guys ... shall i get this?

Do it, they;'re nice
Idk where you plan in getting it, but if you can find it,
Get on it
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by Slanderous666
If you can find one it should be and you can always hook into the PA if you need more volume. The only pain is the fact it is discontinued so you'll have to buy it used or ebay.

They are still in stock at several online stores. I just checked and ZZsounds, Sameday Music, and Sweetwater still have them.
The original *new* run of Epi tube amps were really solid. I'd snap one up in a second.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by Slanderous666
You don't have to any venue will carry their own whether its a bar or a battle of the bands type deal or anything like this. And yes Tube amps are generally 2.5 times louder than SS amps so your amp will sound like 125 SS watts compared to the 100 SS watts on the marshall.

Edit: 125 SS watts volume wise that is, not tone wise.

tube amps are 2.5 times louder then SS amps they can just go louder without sounding like ****..
Epi amps are awesome. I've got an EVJ (snatched it for $80 USD, epic deal) and its great, every well bulit, good tone, but idk about that one. Just sayin, as a company, they do their **** well.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.