Im looking at either the LTD MH-400 with emg pickups, no tremolo, or an LTD MH-1000 with Seymour Duncan pickups?

I play hard rock and metal.

Which guitar is better? Which pickup is better? Whats the difference in the 2 guitars other than pickups?
i'd take the duncan's over emg's any day. much more versatile and the 57 will destroy any active pickup on cleans. the jb has a really good response to the volume knob, the best i've ever personally used in that respect. distorts quite nice, but it doesn't QUITE scream like an active will.

only reason i took that combo out of my jackson is that i already have a les paul with paf's, i wanted something with more bite in the soloist. and obviously the 1000 series guitar is going to be higher quality than the 400. if you can afford it, i'd DEFINITELY go with the mh-1000
'57 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom, Jackson Soloist SL2H
Marshall MF350
Cry Baby, Carbon Copy, Phase 90

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.
the Jb kinda sounds like a stereotypical hair metal distorted sound.

'59 kinda sounds like a lower output, paf-style pickup, but with slightly harder edges than you might expect for a vintage output pickup.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?