I'm considering to just travel around the world with a few friends after college, instead of working. I think its a good way to really get to know yourself, and get a taste of what life is like around the world.

Anyone here did this? I'd like to know your experiences, where you went, etc.

*edit*

And to those of you who haven't done this, but are considering it...where would you go?
WTLTL 2011
My question to you is how would you afford this?
That said, it does sound like an awesome thing to experience.
i say bring a accoustic and play on the streets of every town u visit

u might be able to make a fair ammount of cash while finding yourself
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
Must be nice to not have any real responsibility and a bottomless bank account.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Yeah man how can you afford this? I just graduated a few months ago and am too busy working and payin off loans to go anywhere really.

But, if I could travel I would definitely go ot Asia, like Japan or Korea.
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
Question: Are you about to go to college and this is just what you're thinking of doing, or are you getting close to graduating?

Just remember that you're going to have to start paying student loans 6 months after you're done taking classes (at least, that's how it's done in the U.S.), so you probably should work to get some money first.

If you ever wanna take a year off to travel the world, you'd wanna do it before going off to college.
Its sounds like a good way to put yourself waist deep in debt for the rest of your life.
Quote by Colgate Total
1. Just pick while holding the trem.

2. Start lifting weights, son.
It's called a gap year. And you'll have to work a lot beforehand anyway to raise the money, in case your "instead of working" part was part of the appeal. You'll also need to find friends who wanna go, which is quite difficult.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I'm in my 2nd year psychology, so I've started but I do have 2 to 3 years to go depending on when I can do my criminology course.

The student loans don't apply to me. In the Netherlands college is government funded, and not all that expensive. (1500 euro per year) I'm also working to save up money, so I should have a pretty decent amount by the time I'm done studying.
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by Mark G
I'm in my 2nd year psychology, so I've started but I do have 2 to 3 years to go depending on when I can do my criminology course.

The student loans don't apply to me. In the Netherlands college is government funded, and not all that expensive. (1500 euro per year) I'm also working to save up money, so I should have a pretty decent amount by the time I'm done studying.

GOVERNMENT FUNDED?!?

Sonuvabitch, why couldn't I have been born and raised there?!?
Get a job make a few grand. Join couchsurfing. com and make a profile for yourself so you can save on money that way. Then get a plane ticket and travel around on trains.
If I were gonna do it, I'd busk. That's the way to go.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
I would go someplace secluded.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by dudius
GOVERNMENT FUNDED?!?

Sonuvabitch, why couldn't I have been born and raised there?!?

+mutha effin' 1. Damn you Maggie and Blair.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
First to Iceland, then to the UK, then France, make my way through Poland, Austria, Italy, maybe make it to India, and end it in Ukraine.
I'd like to visit Japan, but if I went, I know I wouldn't come back. Can't really busk there either unless I do it on a boat.

KARAOKE STYLE!

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by FunkyFire
My question to you is how would you afford this?
That said, it does sound like an awesome thing to experience.

no rent, no car insurance, no taxes, cheap cost of living.

as long as you stay out of europe and the us, travel isnt that expensive.
I have no opinion on this matter.
I dont have the money to put petrol in my bike, so travelling the world is reserved for when i win the lottery
Quote by Joshrocker48
First to Iceland, then to the UK, then France, make my way through Poland, Austria, Italy, maybe make it to India, and end it in Ukraine.

Ukraine? Going to pick up some plutonium? I'd personally probably end in China or Japan to buy me some nice ESP guitar....

Already been to France and Germany....Italy and Australia would be tight though.
WTLTL 2011