Okay so. I've been looking for a band since spring last year, recently, I've hooked up with a singer and a pianist, and this week, we found a bassist and a drummer who just left their old band. I was super excited, but here's the catch. They're interested in doing rock with grooving riffs (if this sounds dodgy, its cos I'm translating from French, sorry), with a man singer with a throaty voice(think Nickelback mixed with RATM). We are open to different styles, but the singers a girl, so that holes that part of it.

We're gonna meet up and jam together, see if it clicks, but has anyone got any advice on how to make this work? Bearing in my mind these are the first rhythm section I've found for about a year.
grooving riffs sounds awesome to me so boot the girl

but if you wanna make it work keep the riffs have them play acoustic
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by AngerIsAGift06
grooving riffs sounds awesome to me so boot the girl

but if you wanna make it work keep the riffs have them play acoustic

i say bang the girl....then boot her
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
I really don't want to split with the other two, I feel kinda loyal to them, and they have connections and a good attitude.

Chris?
Why not? I dont realy understand what "grooving riffs" exacly are, but if it sounds good, why not? And why would you want to boot the girl?
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Before wondering what direction the band should go in and who should leave and who should stay, do the jam session first and see what naturaly comes out of it. For all you know it could be something completely different but really good which you will all want to see progress to another level.
Quote by fretsofthebeast
i say bang the girl....then boot her

this saddens me. seriously either get some respect, or go and dig yourself a hole to lie down and die in.

anyway, i don't think you should have a preconceived idea of what you want to sound like. just have a muck around and see what come out of it.
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?
can anyone say Angela Gassow?

seriously man...i say you keep the girl imho. if she is a good singer...you should be able to get a good unique sound with the girl.