Don't care about wattage, number of channels, features. I don't care if it's 1 channel or 3 with multiple voicing switches. High gain is a plus, not necessary. Price range is 1000-1600 used. Already have a triple rec and marshall dsl100. Keeping it vague other than that

Oh and no marshalls

some ones I've looked at:

h&k triamp mk I
mesa lonestar classic
bogner shiva
orange rockerverb or thunderverb
i haven't tried the mark I, but the mark II is nice.

any of those would likely do it, it's really which you prefer, they'll all kinda do it in a different way. the h&k (if it's anything like the mkII) is probably the most versatile, the orange the least, if that's important too (though if you just love the orange voicing, that won't matter)...

you probably have a lot more options from boutique builders as well...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by forsaknazrael
So vague! I have no idea what tonal range you want. And then your list just confuses me more.
Lonestar has great American cleans...
Rockerverb has great British OD....
Shiva can do both, depending on which model...
And the H&K is a Swiss Army knife of tones...

I'm purposely keeping it vague as to not shut out any ideas. I have a wide range of mid gain tones I like
BUDDA SUPERDRIVE! WHY does no one remember these amps?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Faux~Affliction
Diezel.
Bogner
[/throwing names of expensive amps out there]

Do not like Diezel, already listed Bogner

Quote by Raijouta
BUDDA SUPERDRIVE! WHY does no one remember these amps?

I have no way of trying one. What do they sound like? Price? Clips?
Quote by Say Ocean
Do not like Diezel, already listed Bogner

I have no way of trying one. What do they sound like? Price? Clips?

They're pretty Marshally. Joe Bonamassa uses one, I think. The Superdrive 30 is running about $1,600 on Musician's Friend new. As for clips: http://www.netmusicians.org/?search=budda

There's also a Superdrive 30 series I head on eBay for $1000 flat.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Jan 14, 2009,
yeah, i always forget budda too. kinda voxy, i think? the one i tried was, anyway, but had the ability to get quite a bit more gain, but still say pretty warmish and vintage-sounding. kinda halfway between a vox and a cornford, that kind of thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
budda's are awesome, i really want one myself. the one i played had a roar to it, if that makes any sense. great cleans and drive, highly recommended
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Shiva's are realy great, and versatile. Rockerverb is less versatile, but better sounding IMO, plus higher gain on tap.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by forsaknazrael
Don't know why, they're essentially better Marshalls. And you own a DSL100, and like the Rockerverb, which is also fairly Marshall-y.

The DSL100 isn't really what I'm looking for anymore, and I'm selling it. The Orange is a better, more refined marshall. Splawns are more of a hotrodded type marshall rather than just a more refined one, if that makes any sense. They're great amps, and I love how they sound, but not the sound I'm going for. I don't know how to explain it any better than that.
Quote by Say Ocean
The DSL100 isn't really what I'm looking for anymore, and I'm selling it. The Orange is a better, more refined marshall. Splawns are more of a hotrodded type marshall rather than just a more refined one, if that makes any sense. They're great amps, and I love how they sound, but not the sound I'm going for. I don't know how to explain it any better than that.

Okay, I can dig that.
Sounds like you're looking for a Sovtek MIG.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Matamp!!

Or the new Mesa Electrodyne.

Or a Roccaforte.

Or a Mesa Stiletto Deuce.

Or a Fender Supersonic.

Or an AC50CPH.

Or a Laney VH100L.

Or something used, like an Ampeg R50H.