Page 1 of 3
That makes me mad. Really mad. They kidnapped these children. Just because their parents wanted to eliminate the taboo on the names?
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
That's pretty irresponsible parenting.

It's like purposefully trying to raise a serial killer by making sure society completely ostracises them.
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
That makes me mad. Really mad. They kidnapped these children. Just because their parents wanted to eliminate the taboo on the names?

I hope you where being sarcastic because if you weren't then you are a dumb ass.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

i bet those kids got beat up all the time by their neighbors, lil' Land War in Asia Sheppard and Overextention of Military Forces Smith.
I have no opinion on this matter.
This is why society will never be able to progress.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
It's ****ed up, but the state has no right to take their kids away for their names, that's more stupid then the parents for giving them the names in the first place.
thats just screwed up all around
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
i understand that the names might be offensive to a lot of people, but i don't think that gives the state the right to take them away from their family.

if the children want, they can legally change their names when they get older.

i mean this is almost equivalent to taking away someone's children because they are racist, and are teaching their children to be racist.

you might not agree with it, but people are free to believe in racial supremacy if they want. they should also be free to name their children after other people if they want.

i mean if you think about it, the names Adolf or Hitler had no bad connotations until the early 20th century. they are still normal names, even if they carry a bad association.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I hope you where being sarcastic because if you weren't then you are a dumb ass.

No, I wasn't being sarcastic. Show me where I mad my error, and I'll gladly correct it.

Hm?
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
It's paramount to child abuse, but it should have been flagged at birth, not now.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
I remember that cake thing from a while ago. That i believe is unjust that they stole their kid, although the parents are dicks for naming their kid that.
damn thats 3 names of the potential kids names list

gotta get a girl first tho

arg th pits more fun
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Quote by daytripper75
i understand that the names might be offensive to a lot of people, but i don't think that gives the state the right to take them away from their family.

i mean this is almost equivalent to taking away someone's children because they are racist, and are teaching their children to be racist.

you might not agree with it, but people are free to believe in racial supremacy if they want.

Something tells me there is more to it than just taking the kids away for the names. If it was just about the names, then they should take away some of those kids who get stupid names from their celebrity parents.
Quote by in2thesun88
Something tells me there is more to it than just taking the kids away for the names. If it was just about the names, then they should take away some of those kids who get stupid names from their celebrity parents.

maybe, but i am going by what the article says, and that makes it sound like it was about the names.

Maybe it also has something to do with the fact that the mom looks like a crackhead.
Last edited by blackflag49 at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by Zugunruhe
i bet those kids got beat up all the time by their neighbors, lil' Land War in Asia Sheppard and Overextention of Military Forces Smith.

or Joseph Stalin Jones
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
I dont think they took them solely because of what there names are...

and it isnt about taboo

one of there middle names is "aryan nation", which is an active hate group responsible for many murders and race crimes.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Quote by daytripper75

you might not agree with it, but people are free to believe in racial supremacy if they want. they should also be free to name their children after other people if they want.

i mean if you think about it, the names Adolf or Hitler had no bad connotations until the early 20th century. they are still normal names, even if they carry a bad association.

I'm inclined to agree with you. However, I find it disgusting that those parents decided to sacrifice their child's social (at least till he's 18) in order to make some statement. Its a very tricky situation, but I find it uneasy that the state government can do that. If the name is their only reason, I'm not sure I'm content with the outcome. On the other hand, there might be other reason for taking the children, like probable mental illness in the parents or something.

Either way, I'm not going to shed a tear about this. Those parents put their kids in an unfortunate situation.
Last edited by Joshrocker48 at Jan 14, 2009,
oh wow, that sucks.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
while the parents are retarded for giving them the name, the state had no right to take the kids away just becuase of a name. however with the way our media is there is probably a lot more to the story than what we are being told.
Quote by Dog--
It's ****ed up, but the state has no right to take their kids away for their names, that's more stupid then the parents for giving them the names in the first place.

I second that.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Why the hell would you name your son Adolf Hitler ?

Thats like talkin trash on guitar on UG.

He'd get black mailed and goatsed

Quote by BigNose
I have one night stand next to my bed, I keep a glass of water on it!

BADOOM TCHH!

... I also float a little boat made of fail in it.

Make LOVE
*******NOT
*******WAR
I think it's more of a can we really trust the parents with 3 innocent children. It's not like the child's name was Adolf or something that would be indirect, its more of a let me name my children so they draw the most attention. Aryan nation isnt really a name even. There are two main possibilities. One they are neo nazi's (which I doubt), two they are trying to making some sort of statement wit hthe names of their children and as a parent it's your job to protect your kids not to exploit them.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
The state should not have taken them away. They can name their kids whatever they want. That's what the 1st amendment is for. It may be a bad idea, but they can do it if they want.

The government taking away kids like that for NO reason... sound like commie sh!t to me!
-Custom Epiphone LP
-Gretsch G5129 Electromatic
-Fender DG8S Acoustic
-Fender Blues Jr. NOS amp
-Boss FBM-1, CS-3, NS-2, DD-7, RC-2 Pedals
Quote by Dog--

agreed
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

I think he is right, a name is a name, and it would be best to lift the taboo. However, I do question the parenting, it would be better if an adult changed their name to something of the sort, rather than making a child live through that. Even so, the idea behind it is good.
someone irresponsible enough to name their kid that shouldnt have kids,
and the states pretty much justified
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
If you intentionally name your kid like that do you REALLY expect to hold on to them for long? What was the motivation for naming their kid that? To express racist beliefs or "4lulzkthxbai", either way thats not quite what names exist for.

Do you really think your kids going to have a normal life with a name like that? and "they can change it later" is just waiting for the damage to already be done, may as well change the kids names and take them away from their family NOW as opposed to when the identity is fully ingrained and the kids are taking turns skinning the jewish cat next door and taking "jewcakes" to the highschool bake sale.
Quote by Freesmalta
Why the hell would you name your son Adolf Hitler ?

Thats like talkin trash on guitar on UG.

He'd get black mailed and goatsed

I once made the fatal mistake of Googling that once.
-Custom Epiphone LP
-Gretsch G5129 Electromatic
-Fender DG8S Acoustic
-Fender Blues Jr. NOS amp
-Boss FBM-1, CS-3, NS-2, DD-7, RC-2 Pedals
For once I will side with the government, names like those are actively putting those children in danger.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Quote by daytripper75

Fair point, but this shows high irresponsibility. Right or not, if you name your child Adolf Hitler, then he is going to get shit for it.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
actually the more i think about this the closer i think that naming your child that should be considered child abuse. he is going to be absolutely tortured at school once they start learning about WWII, he never going to be able to find a job until he turns 18 when he can change his name. good luck finding a girlfriend with that name.

he will live a miserable life all because his parents are idiots and thought that it would be a good thing to completely exploit him for their own means
So I shouldn't call my child Pol Pot?

In seriousness though, instead of taking the children away, could they not have forced a name change?

Bad move by the parents anyway
Quote by Slanderous666
I think it's more of a can we really trust the parents with 3 innocent children. It's not like the child's name was Adolf or something that would be indirect, its more of a let me name my children so they draw the most attention. Aryan nation isnt really a name even. There are two main possibilities. One they are neo nazi's (which I doubt), two they are trying to making some sort of statement wit hthe names of their children and as a parent it's your job to protect your kids not to exploit them.

I'm pretty certain they are Nazis , I believe that I heard about these people a few weeks ago. Just from those names its pretty obvious anyway. About the kids, I think that the state has no right to take the kids away, but they are just going to grow up to be Nazis like their parents. I think that the kids should be given back to their parents, but that belief system makes me want to murder someone.
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
Quote by NemX162
I think he is right, a name is a name, and it would be best to lift the taboo. However, I do question the parenting, it would be better if an adult changed their name to something of the sort, rather than making a child live through that. Even so, the idea behind it is good.

That's not lifting taboo, that's setting your child up for a life of name calling and teasing. Kids are more affected by stuff like this than you think.

And yes, they could change their names, but they are done developing by the time they are allowed, and they will likely already have reduced self image and feelings of inadequacy. That is just a cruel punishment for them to go through.
Page 1 of 3