Hey there,

Sorry to sound like a broken record but I would love to hear some advice from you guys. I've never really known a lot about amps and have had this Marshall MG30DFX for ages now, which isn't gonna cut it for me anymore...

Firstly, I find it's Overdrive channel pretty dire and dont generally use a lot of distortion anyway. Also, I don't need the FX channels because I have a few pedals already: Boss DD3, TR-2, Loop Station and a Digitech Whammy. I am planning on getting a lot more pedals too, Reverb and Overdrive at the top of the list. So I need an amp that can handle all of them well. Its especially important with the Loop Station because, well, I like layered melodies. I play many different styles but I love 'film music' if that makes any sense to anyone, if not, ignore me. I play a lot of shoe-gaze, Sigur Ros sort of stuff as well though.

I'm using this amp for home use only, maybe small gigs or so but a combo amp is really what I'm looking for. I would love to start recording some of my music soon though. I don't know anything about tubes but i hear they're more expensive. I don't want to spend anymore than like £400-500, ($800-1000?)

Right now the Fender series has caught my attention, Blues Junior etc. but I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks!
some nice fender amp would do the trick then
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

URL=http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ar gentina
Line 6 Spider III.

No exceptions.

It's really good for heavy and clean and it's got PRESETS!! and it's really cool and 99% of guitar center employees would rather sleep with a spider III than anna kournikova.
I love how people start their posts out by saying "I know this exact question has been asked a million times, but...." and then go on to ask the same question again without looking for their question. I shake my fist angrily at you, sir.

Fender Jazz. Final answer.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Quam Celerrime
Line 6 Spider III.

No exceptions.

It's really good for heavy and clean and it's got PRESETS!! and it's really cool and 99% of guitar center employees would rather sleep with a spider III than anna kournikova.

WTF
Quote by Quam Celerrime
Line 6 Spider III.

No exceptions.

I'm sigging that. Not because it's good advice, but because I laughed so hard when I read it. And not because of the Kournikova joke - because those amps suck hard and you're probably one of 10 people that like them.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by Quam Celerrime
Line 6 Spider III.

No exceptions.

*Reported for Spam*
Quote by strat0blaster
I'm sigging that. Not because it's good advice, but because I laughed so hard when I read it. And not because of the Kournikova joke - because those amps suck hard and you're probably one of 10 people that like them.

+1
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

URL=http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ar gentina
Quote by strat0blaster

I was just kidding.

If you want a serious answer, the Fender Frontman series or the Peavey Vypyr amps are great low-end amps.
Sorry for double posting, but I also really dislike those amps. I asked some guy at guitar center and lo and behold, he said "try this line 6 spider III."

It sucked.
Quote by Quam Celerrime
I was just kidding.

If you want a serious answer, the Fender Frontman series or the Peavey Vypyr amps are great low-end amps.

zero for two my friend

look into used orange rocker 30, laney vc-30, peavey classic 30

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by timzee117
zero for two my friend

look into used orange rocker 30, laney vc-30, peavey classic 30

meh, I like my frontman
Quote by Quam Celerrime
I was just kidding.

I'm still keeping it as my sig. And now everyone is going to think you were serious.

See how devious? See how HARDCORE!?

Nah, I'll pull it.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
I'm still keeping it as my sig. And now everyone is going to think you were serious.

See how devious? See how HARDCORE!?

Nah, I'll pull it.

keep it and see how many replies you get just like yours.

also, hardcore/10
Thanks a bunch for the suggestions guys, will check them all out... Apart from the Line 6 Spider III of course.
For a thousand bucks you could get yourself a mesa kind of thing, they have so much gain you can get awesome feedback, a la sigur ros, they have a reputation for real nice cleans too, and most have an fx loop, and inbetween sick gain and clean there's a wide range of sounds to use and abuse.

A 2-3 channel amp would be the way to go.

Or if you want something less expensive check out fender tube series, like the hot rod deluxe or the blues junior, stuff like that, and use a fuzz pedal to get the gain.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
if you are gonna get a frontman amp i would recommend getting a bunch of pedals first because once i got my pedals the frontman distortion sounds like ****