well guys me and became friends 2 years ago and formed this band with drumguy, we were playing happyly for a year as a trio, then i invited guitardude because we wante try with 2 guitars, and it went on great, both guitarrist became friends and that is great because we can work together better, and we continued playing happily until now
we played a kind of big gig las month and guitarguy became very happy because we closed and people loved us but since that gig have only had one practice, with guitar guy. he is avoiding the practice with all kind of excuses, like not having money for the bus and things like that, and today guitardude(who has been my friend lor a very long time, way before i met guitarguy) told me: "dude i have something to tell you but dont be upset, guitarguy wants to form another band with me, i think he has been skiping all the practices because he doesnt want to play in the band anymore"
to me is great that he is making another band, but he doesnt want to say anything about it, he is just like, "i got stuff to do" "i am very busy this day"
so it kind of makes me wonder what should i do
i am not keen on the idea of kickin him out, because he is a very talented guy, but he is so diferent since the last gig
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Power is addictive :P

Well i mean have it out with him, i mean it seems like a sudden change of heart.

Talk it out first, dont be rash - be calm.
make a new thread with better grammar, and people will answer your question
Quote by pengiunman
Hahaha you crack me up swansareroadkil.

:can't think of a smiley to put, your too cool:
uhh practice without him? He'll either catch up, or leave. Both help your band.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Maybe playinf on stage wasnt fun for him? Not all people feel good preforming for others. And he may think "Hey, since for me being on stage sux, maybe i should leave my band, because i just want to play guitar for myself not for others, and i would just be slowing my band down and not enjoying myself." Which would be pretty correct.
Anyway, just ask him about it, if you dont it may be like with our ex-basist, he stoped comming to band practice, and i was pissed at him, and then he quit because i was suposedly always pissed at him. Comunication is the key man. I know it sounds kinda cliche, but its the truth.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by litus
well guys me and became friends 2 years ago and formed this band with drumguy, we were playing happyly for a year as a trio, then i invited guitardude because we wante try with 2 guitars, and it went on great, both guitarrist became friends and that is great because we can work together better, and we continued playing happily until now
we played a kind of big gig las month and guitarguy became very happy because we closed and people loved us but since that gig have only had one practice, with guitar guy. he is avoiding the practice with all kind of excuses, like not having money for the bus and things like that, and today guitardude(who has been my friend lor a very long time, way before i met guitarguy) told me: "dude i have something to tell you but dont be upset, guitarguy wants to form another band with me, i think he has been skiping all the practices because he doesnt want to play in the band anymore"
to me is great that he is making another band, but he doesnt want to say anything about it, he is just like, "i got stuff to do" "i am very busy this day"
so it kind of makes me wonder what should i do
i am not keen on the idea of kickin him out, because he is a very talented guy, but he is so diferent since the last gig

OK, so guitardude isn't talking about quitting your band yet, but is interested in a side project with guitarguy who might want to leave but is too shy to say so, and you don't know what to do?
Well first off, don't be sh!tty with either of them, that's just gonna make the situation worse.
Get 'em together and ask them what they really want to do, stating that whatever they choose to do it's OK by you.
Even if they both decide to leave, be fine about it, even if you're fuming inside. Just get it out in the open and out of the way, because if the situation drags on, well things will just eventualy get ugly.
There will always be more musicians, all you gotta do is find them.
The point is, if either or both of them really wanna go anyway, there's not a thing you can do about it, and getting angry with them is just gonna make you lose your friendship, so you lose both band members and friendships, as well as a couple of musical contacts too.
If they just wanna do a side project, hey, at least you didn't lose any members, and you should let 'em do it with your blessings, otherwise animosity will build and they'll end up leaving anyway.

Think of it as a damage limitation exercise.

My own band has side projects left, right and centre.
Each member has his own band as well, which is great because all the musicians in all the bands know each other and get along really well and we all play gigs together, supporting each other and just turning up to each other's gigs.
It's kinda ended up being a bit like a musician's collective or co-operative which is very usefull, if gear needs to be borrowed by one band, one of the other bands is only too willing to lend gear, if a musician is ill in one band and can't make a gig, another musician from one of the other bands will be only too willing to stand in for him.

On the 24th of this month for instance, it's the birthday of a guy who's roadied for most of us at one time or another.
For his birthday party he requested that one of the bands play, but instead we're giving him 4 out of the 5 bands associated with us, which means that non of us will be working the entire night and can relax a little and enjoy the party more.
There'll probably be quite a bit of jamming going on as well while we've got all those musicians together at an unofficial gig.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Jan 15, 2009,
i am ok they have other band, in fact i like the idea, becase they are playing a diferent genre and they will get better at guitar, i also have another band, but i am worried about guitarguy hiding it, i have to talk to him, maybe he is just not into punk rock and he is more of a metal guy but he doest want to hurt my feelings or drumguy feelings.
thanks for the help guys

forgot to mention sorry for bad grammar but i am getting my english better yet
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400