I currently have a Gibson SG standard, a Laney VC15 and a starter set axe and guitar.

I'm in a band that plays primarily Oasis covers (I dislike Oasis, but I love being in a band ), and I like playing Racer X, Paul Gilbert, Metallica, Foo Fighters, AC/DC, Van Halen, Thin Lizzy and Guns N Roses (the orignal stuff not the new crap).

At the moment, I keep my Gibson and my crap amp (my good ones being retubed in the shop) at school to practice with my band mates, and then keep my crap axe at home to learn songs on when I'm at home.

Currently I have no pedals whatsoever, but am thinking about a Fulltone OCD, a ADA flanger when they're released at NAMM, a MXR Phase 90 and maybe a Zakk Wylde signature Wah. These at the moment I consider a lesser priority, as several of the bands I play just play guitar straight to amp.

So, my question is this:

I have about £700 to spend at the moment, but this can be pushed up a bit higher possibly. What should I upgrade?
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
well what part of your sound do you feel is lacking?

do you like the tone of your guitar? amp?

narrow it down a little
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
I say flanger, chorus, or wah IMO. You said you've got a nice guitar and a nice amp, so if you're really wanting some kind of tone from a pedal, I'd head in that direction.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
Get another laney amp. Possibly a GH50L
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
I can't get a decent lead tone.

The sort of thing I'm looking for is:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=d_GJyUK0GUI

The bit at the intro.

Ranging to this:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HC60XNiS-MQ

I think it's down to the amp. The amp I have is awesome at clean stuff, but getting a lead tone out of it I struggle with. I was thinking about a Marshall Vintage Modern possibly. Any ideas?
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

erm more of a modern tone than VM :/

maybe look into a DSL40 combo and a pickup change? or an OD pedal?
Quote by fleajr_1412

I was thinking VM because, that's what Paul uses, and also Slash. So it's the most common amp useage out of them. But you'd say that's no good?

I really need to find a shop near me that stocks good amps so I can try em out.
Quote by saphrax

I've never tried one but I use a DSL at the practice rooms and it's got a pretty solid modern tone. Especially since I cover that song with the band
Quote by fleajr_1412

Mkay awesome. It's another one to check out. Any other suggestions?
Quote by saphrax

Ifyour looking the vintage modern, I would look at a used jcm 800 or 900. IMO they sound MUCH better than the vintage modern does
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger