JUst wondering if anyone knows what type and width of tape I should use when making Ed's Van Halen 1 guitar......

Quote by juniorlbj
Gentlemen...

It's fap time!
Also, since I found a black body could I just skip the black painting for the stripes?
Quote by juniorlbj
Gentlemen...

It's fap time!
Quote by TheSlashman
Also, since I found a black body could I just skip the black painting for the stripes?

yes. you would want the tape to be in the same design as the black stripes on the guitar...then spray white. Good luck man! Let me know how it turns out. I want to do another one...maybe this one or the yellow and black one next
I've got a question for all the Van Halen fans out there. Did Eddie just spray some red paint on this guitar to make the famous Frankenstrat or was it a completly different guitar? I ask because the location of the stipes looks real close to the one I made before I sprayed the red. Sorry I'm not trying to hijack your thread but I thought you might know the answer.
its all the same guitar. he just sprayed red on it and hacked up the pickguard. In fact, the original frankie was black and yellow. But it is in a grave down in texas with dimebag.
Gear:
G&L Legacy
Fender Champ 600

SKYNYRD!
Last edited by billy0805 at Jan 14, 2009,