Sup you guitar gurus. I know you have had a lot of time modding guitars and I was wondering if there was a way to put a floyd rose into a guitar with no tremolo without ruining the guitar. I have a Schecter damien special edition (greatest guitar brand ever) and I dont want to ruin it but I would kill to have a floyd rose on it. So what do you guys think?
Define "ruin it." If you mean permanently alter it, then no, there's no way it can be done. There's a significant amount of routing that needs to be done to add an FR.

EDIT: Can't that guitar be bought with an FR already in it?
The setup:
Fender MIM Fat Strat (midnight wine)
Fender Blues DeVille 410
Digitech GNX3 Multi-effect
Fender CD140SCE Acoustic-Electric
Last edited by pr0pedestrian at Jan 14, 2009,
yep ,FR needs more space, maybe a Kahler bridge?
Its cheaper and easier to just buy a guitar with a double locking vibrato on.

Use the searchbar next time.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Sorry, I tried searchbar'ing it and I didn't find anything (I must have missed a thread). They can but I already bought mine and I was hoping that if it wasn't too expensive I could do it myself (or get some help). There is one with a FR in it and I might get that one. btw What exactly is a Khaler bridge?
Last edited by the r3d3m3r at Jan 14, 2009,
just look around for this. they are quite rare but require no mods and will fit onto most all guitars with TOM bridges.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B