Hey,

So I'm looking to get a basic PA system for band practise. We play hard rock to grunge, and loud enough t get over a reasonably loud drummer. (about 6/8 on a 60w SS amp?)

It basically needs to be able to carry 4+ mics over the mix for rehersals.

My budget is terrible right now, so really looking £200 TOPS.

So far i'm looking at this

and a COMPACT PA SYSTEM one on a generic internet auction website, it has orange speakers...

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks, Louis
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
Bump.

Quote by JagerSlushy
The first one you're looking at seems about right.
Basicaly you're looking for something with as much wattage as you can get for the money you have, but obviously not something that's falling apart.
Second hand equipment is probably your best bet because you can get more wattage for your money, but don't be buying second hand equipment off the net because you wanna be able to try it out before you buy it, so check your local second hand listings.
Exchange and Mart would be a good place to start looking.
The beauty of a PA system is that it can be added to over the years until you have something pretty impressive, so keep this in mind when buying, what will be it's re-sale or part-exchange value in a while?
Cheers man, much appreciated.

Did you check out the second one?

Louis.

Quote by JagerSlushy
Powerpods are awesome. Have one myself. Though I need to win the lottery and buy myself good cables and speakers

Posted just to say it's a good bet.

Anyway cheers!
Quote by superslash1994
Cheers man, much appreciated.

Did you check out the second one?

Louis.
Not really because it's hard to say just off that information how well it will perform.

Try and get something with as low an ohmage rating (symbol: Ω as possible.
Ohmage rating (which is a resistance measurement) is usualy 4, 8 or 16Ω so idealy you'd want a 4Ω system, this means that the system works more efficiently and will be slightly louder and clearer than a system with the same wattage but higher ohmage.
Alright, thanks guys. I'll see if I can get anything decent used, failing that, Powerpod.

Thanks
Louis

Quote by JagerSlushy
Quote by superslash1994
Alright, thanks guys. I'll see if I can get anything decent used, failing that, Powerpod.

Thanks
Louis

Yer welcome.