Hey all, was just wondering what everyones opinion was on marshalls range of bass amps? Saw a few when i was shopping the other day and wondering whether they'd be worth checking out or not?
Quote by Abunai X
Oh my God. I've only laughed out loud on this site about 4 tiems since I signed up.

You have just created a 5th.

Quote by cukd7x-a2-
OH. MY . GOD

for that you get the tower of lulz, with which you can reach the lulgods
There VBA series which is tube amps for bass sound pretty decent aside from that its over priced and mediocre even the VBA series isn't really worth the price. bass amps really aren't their thing
Keep On Keepen' On
MEh you can do alot better, if your going a head\cab setup, get a different cab for sure, i feel there the worst things otherwise look elsewere.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
MBs are very mediocre.
Squier VM Fretless Jazz
Warwick Rockbass Streamer 5
Ashdown MAG 300 210
Marshall was never really much of a bass amp company.. The only oen I ever thought was good was of course, the Marshall Major. I don't like their guitar amps, either.

Gallien-Krueger, Hartke, Carvin, Ashdown. All amps that are much better at a lower price.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
I have a Marshall MB30 that gets the job done pretty well. Bought it for 200 bucks so i got a good deal. I couldnt complain about it. When it comes to the bigger amps though id go for a dofferant brand.
Commando of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join maggot!

I
ah right, thanks for all the advice guys =D
Quote by Abunai X
Oh my God. I've only laughed out loud on this site about 4 tiems since I signed up.

You have just created a 5th.

Quote by cukd7x-a2-
OH. MY . GOD

for that you get the tower of lulz, with which you can reach the lulgods
I play through a Marshall MB40 when I'm in school, and it isn't too bad. The tone wasn't bad, but that's probably to do with more of the bass I play. Volume wise it isn't the loudest of amps, but it's only 40 watts and my drummer is loud as ****.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Marshalll and Gibson need to stick to what they know and do well, guitars. The Marshall bass amps are bland and quite overpriced. Its not their niche by any means.
I think the Marshall VBA is the most powerful tube amp going, and it matches perfectly with it's side-by-side 412 halfstack. An 812 fullstack would be even better.

Notice Marshall VBA could have been replaced with half their guitar amps and still made sense. They're a guitar amp company. Their cheap stuff is bought because it said Marshall on it (and bass players remember the name Marshall from when they used to be guitar players) and their expensive stuff is niche.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..