I only get buzz when i play my A string open. I just tried taking the string off and then putting it back on. But alas, the buzz remains . None of the other frets. None of the other strings. Its a Squier P-Bass. Help?
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
raise the action like he said and then put a little chapstick round the nut with a toothpick it will help out a bit
MY BUDDY---DUDE YOU DONT NEED TO BE GOOD AT PLAYING GUITAR YOU JUST HAVE TO LOOK GOOD

ME----(PUNCH HIM TILL HE CRIES
Read the FAQ--it sounds like you need a setup done. Did you recently change strings or move your bass from an area that was warm to cold or visa versa?
Actually this buzz has been around for quite a while, since the last time i changed my strings which was i believe around a year ago. I just never really got around to asking about it until now.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
is the string vibrating against the nut?
if so you can either wrap the string lower on the tuning peg, ort buy another string tee to put more pressure on the nut.

This used to happen to my jazz.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
hold the string down on the headstock side of the nut. then hit the open A. does it still buzz? if so then it's vibrating against the nut and others here can help. good suggestions above so far. If the buzz doesn't go away just get your bass set up.

Also, i have a similiar problem on one of my basses. A string even. It's actually the tuning peg/assembly that buzzes. If i tighten the screw on the back side it goes away til the screw comes loose again. if i used locktite it'd probably stay. to check for this hold onto the tuning assembly(back and front) tightly and hit the A string. if no buzz then it's the tuner assembly.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Last edited by Revelation at Jan 15, 2009,
I had this for a while, because I bought ighter gauge strings, so it buzzed in the nut, I reset the intonation last night (for the first time on my own whooooooo!) and now, no more buzz.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat