ok so im a huge schecter fan, so when choosing an 09 guitar to buy of course i went to that. i own a few schecters, my favorite being the Hellraiser Avenger, so i really dont want a hellraiser, being as they all sound pretty much the same but just look different. i want something that is going to give me a different sound than anything i currently have. yet i want the same level of guitar as a hellraiser. im playing mostly melodic metal, so i want something aggressive, but not too aggressive.

that being said i have come to 3 choices:

the c-1 blackjack atx
the s-1 blackjack
and the third choice, wait till schecter releases whatever the hell they are releasing and get an 8 string.

my choice to make about the c-1 is the classic question. to floyd rose, or not to floyd rose. does anyone own one of these and know how the locks work on this model?

as for the s-1, the 22 frets feature is throwing me off, im a 24 kinda guy...is it worth the sacrifice?

and ive never played anything with more than 6 strings. opinions?

however, nothing is getting purchased until schecter releases the 09's....so im going to wait for those anyway. but feedback on the above 3 would be very much appreciated.
Last edited by s2thalayer at Jan 14, 2009,
I don't really care for the blackjacks, but 8 strings I think would be too much for me.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
you got big enough hands to wrap around that oar?

i think the idea sounds cool, i dont think it would benefit me to have 2 extra string that i cant even reach anyways.

maybe if i was gonna go tap crazy it could happen.
Well I'd go with a FR model,just because that's my personal preference.For me,switching from six strings to seven strings took about an hour of adjusting.Now that I'm used to the neck of a 7 string I find myself feeling that six strings are lacking and that they feel kinda tiny and weird.The extra strings are definitely worth it if you're going to use them,they add a lot more options to your music.Maybe a 7 string ATX model would be worth looking at if you decide to go that route? I'm not sure if they make a 7 string ATX with an FR bridge though.The 8 stinger is a hellraiser model I believe,not 100% on that though.

Edit: Extended string guitars aren't as hard to play on as you may think.I have ridiculously small hands and fingers and I can play on them as well as I can on a six.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Jan 14, 2009,
i have a schecter question also...
ive been thinking about getting the omen 6 or the blackhawk both for around 250-300$

or should i save up for a damien for about 450$
Schecter Synyster Custom, its amazing. i have it. but i wouldnt get the standard, i dont really like bolt on necks
um mabey u should get something outher then that brand..... u know to give urself diffrent sounds
if the atx is the one with the satin finish and ebony board I would definatly get that one. It has the most bang for your buck
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
well as for the synyster custom, im a hugeeee a7x fan. warmness of the soul ep to diamonds in the rough, and gates on my list is second only to slash, but ive got a weird thing about customs, theyre cool to collect, but thats his guitar, and i kinda want my own if im going to play it on stage. plus id just have multiple orgasms everytime i played it, and you know, fun for me, but what would my band think. plus his model is pretty much a bolt on avenger with a FR and duncans instead of emgs.

thanks for the info on the 7/8 string. im not sure i need them, but im still thinking about that, and thats exactly what i was thinking: more options with music.

as for a different manufacturer, ive got 2 fenders, an ibanez, a fernandes, a first act (dont hate. hahah, everybody had to start with something), and 2 schecters. and i just love the sound i get out of the schecters, and i find theyve blown away everything else. just my opinion though, not ragging on the others or anything, everyone has their preference when it comes to sound, schecter is just mine.
Last edited by s2thalayer at Jan 14, 2009,